Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to get the ball rolling for our next meet n greet/swap meet. I was thinking this October sometime. By then the kidz will be settled into school, Parents will want away for a weekend, and its not right before the holidays so NO excuses!

My Questions are:

Who would be interested?
Beginning, Middle, or End of Month?
North, South, or Central Florida?
East or West Coast?

Majority wins....

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I'm passed the probationary period in my job so I'll be able to get time off this time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Count me in...

Would enjoy meeting you all and seeing some cool Tundras!

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
I'm hip as always Dave! Why don't we let Brain arrange this one, lol. I'm actually off the month of October. Depending upon when the meet would would be, I will be going to TN for about a week up to the cabin- that is still up in the air though, no real confirmed dates yet, so the meet would be good anytime and I could work TN in around it. I can drive to whereever as well- Maybe Orlando or Ocala for this one anyone? Anywhere is fine with me. I can tow my truck there. And Dave, we will get the photo shoot done bro. I'll have my new topper next week and might be as big as you, lol. I highly doubt it though. Hopefully we'll get some people that "really" want to show up for this one.

Reactions: DJAuman

·
Registered
646 Posts
I guess my input of around Destin/panama city wouldn't matter so far huh?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: signaltwenty

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brian...ohhh Brian......cricket cricket cricket.......

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm up for meeting fellow Tundra owners, and borrowing your cool ideas:cool:

Central sounds good, and I'd vote for a Saturday (being football season and all).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
+1 on Saturday:

So far these are the people that are interested in coming and their preferred destination in FL:

DJAuman: Anywhere
Big Tundra: Anywhere
Bad Dad's Tundra: Anywhere
Dnairn: ?
bweiner: ?
bhaskell: Central
EZRaider: Central
BlaineATK: Pan-handle
Oosik: Central

Definitely on a Saturday being football season and all!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
UPDATE 1:

DJAuman: Anywhere
Big Tundra: Anywhere
Bad Dad's Tundra: Anywhere
Dnairn: Anywhere
bweiner: ?
bhaskell: Central
EZRaider: Central
BlaineATK: Pan-handle
Oosik: Central
GTScott: Pan-handle

·
Registered
26 Posts
What is the demographic of the FL group? Do we want to stand around in a parking lot and admire each others trucks? If there is a majority of 4x4 trucks, maybe a nice trail ride....if majority is lowered street rods, maybe meet at the drag strip. If the group is fairly evenly mixed, then maybe we meet up, hangout and then break into two different groups.

Personally I'm 4x4....I bought my truck to drive it and go places other can't. Participated in a "Pirates of Moor 4x4" club ride in the ocala national forest last weekend. Some great trails and a variety of terrain. Not for those who drive garage queens. Ocala is known for tighter trails so you'll get some brush down the side of your truck.

I vote for a meet and ride! I don't care to hear what your truck is capable of, lets put some tundras out on the trails and see what they can do. Trust me, my truck is a daily driver so I'm not looking to break my stuff being stupid. I plan on driving there and back home in one piece.

If its a shine and show meetup, I might stop by and say "hey" and be on my way. I work around enough Harley guys that spend more time polishing their bikes than riding them.

<-- White truck is my tundra. 11 vehicles total, 8 jeeps, 1 tundra, 1 f150 and 1 ram1500

Cheers

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didnt know Tundra's were capable of doing 200+ MPH!!! HAHA...at 2:15 into the vid when you guys get onto the hardball it looks like you guys are flying!!!

On a serious note: I think a meet and Ride would be cool! I ride dirt bikes at Richloam and Croom and it is a blast to get out there in the woods, however my Tundra is allergic to brush and tight trails so! (thats what my dirtbike is for) so I would probably opt out of taking mine through the woods...what about a wide open beach gathering ON Daytona Beach. The daredevils can get into the deep loose sand and play around and us sissy boys will tow you out if you cant make it from the hard packed sand? Daytona up to around Jaxsonville i think there are plenty of 4x4 friendly beaches if Im not mistaken...Any takers???

Reactions: Tundra315

·
Registered
26 Posts
LOL the video is not mine, but the guy in the ram behind me. He attempted to condense the video down by speeding up the time. It wasn't nearly as fast paced as depicted in the footage. If you are on facebook you can lookup "Pirates of Moor 4x4", there are pics and video from the ride.

I am only one person from the area and I only suggest a trail ride because it would be awesome to see a bunch of tundras riding around. Doesn't have to be anything extravagant or complex, just maybe something that would be fun for most anyone. There are lots of nice dirt roads through the ONF, no chance of getting scratched up or ruining your rigs. Just saying that to me, personally I'd rather not sit around in a park or parking lot looking at your truck or any truck. I can do all that looking in an real quick 30 minutes and then what? A cooler full of Coors Light? I'm not sure my Girl Friend the Sheriff would be to keen on that. No to mention those wives, kids and other loved ones associated with those at the meet up.

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I wouldn't mind a trail ride as long as you guys don't mind pulling me out if I get stuck, I am only 2wd.

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im in for the meet, preferably Orlando or Ocala.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I vote for October 11 in Orlando. My wife is taking me to Halloween Horror for my Birthday. Any other weekend I vote for the panhandle.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts