Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to thank everyone for all the information on this forum. I cannot count how many times I’ve been on here, and always have found such helpful knowledge.

Now to my issue. I have a second gen 2011 5.7 flipping flex fuel with 180k miles. The last few months it has started stumbling or hesitating while under load. My initial thought was fuel pump or filter. Just to rule out other stuff I checked air filter, cleaned MAF sensor, cleaned the throttle body, and checked the plugs. Then I started reading about the alcohol density issues. Using OBD fusion the alcohol % was running around 20. Until I pulled the battery cable , after which it hasn’t gone bellow 50%, and is running worse. I tried using techstream to reset it, however I do not have fuel density learning value reset utility. Seems like everything else is there, except that. I did a fuel pressure check, while running the pump through techstream it’s pushing 61psi (engine off), at idle it’s only at 30 with or without the pressure valve open.
I’m leaning toward replacing fuel pump however I hate to throw parts at it, especially high dollar ones.
Has anyone else not had the fuel density learning value reset on techstream? I’m running version 12.30.017 and had 14.20.019 before trying a reinstall. I’m using a j2534 with driver 2.12.28.
Thank you for any input.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If all else fails I would have the dealer reset the ethanol % before throwing parts at it. They charged me 70 bucks to reset mine. Might have to call a couple of them to get a good price. Just make sure it's zero when you leave. Some techs don't know how to do it properly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If all else fails I would have the dealer reset the ethanol % before throwing parts at it. They charged me 70 bucks to reset mine. Might have to call a couple of them to get a good price. Just make sure it's zero when you leave. Some techs don't know how to do it properly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Great point. I’ll make some calls tomorrow. It would be nice if I could get techstream to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts