Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Just before my truck's (2010 SR5 5.7) starter died, the transfer case lights would blink occasionally. I also got a CEL with the code for the crank position sensor (you can probably find my post explaining why I was getting that code). You don't have many miles, but perhaps your starter is acting up due to age or corrosion? If you get the code for the crank position sensor, get that starter checked out.

It also wouldn't try to engage the starter on a few occasions. These starters don't fail like the old days, where they would grind and/or spin before they finally stopped working. These just quit after these weird symptoms pop up.

· Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for your replies. I have no problem with the starter and the battery checks out fine. I'm praying it's not a problem with the Secondary Air Injection System. That seems to have been a common problem with early 5.7s. It looks like I need to invest in a code reader. That should help me determine if the problem is in that system. If it is , it's way beyond my skill set. Very costly to have it fixed.
There is bypass kit available for that problem that is a cheaper and perhaps easier alternative.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts