Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am perplexed, despite reading hours of threads on seemingly similar symptoms! Please help?

‘13 DC 5.7 Flex w/86k mi...almost no issues until this week. Drove 700mi roundtrip to Cleveland and back to KY, rained on return trip but no snow. I was looking at newer head unit and noticed a/c light blinking...thought it was some fluke, but it didn’t go away. When the window fogged up I knew it was an issue. No other symptoms along drive home. Parked in garage and read up on here about blinking a/c.

Grabbed a relay from Advance to try a swap as potential easy fix. Fired up truck and got the ol’ Xmas tree of lights. Blinking 4lo, steady Trac off and CEL. Crap. Linked to my obdII WiFi dongle, opened Dashcommand and pulled two ‘codes’ I’ve never seen before on my truck, P144 and ‘Unknown Diagnostic Fault Code’ or something like that. When I cleared them, the CEL and 4Lo disappeared, Trac off stayed on...then all came back within moments. :(

I disconnected battery, noticing much corrosion on terminals (whoops!), cleaned those up and waited 10mins. Reconnected and fired it up, but noticed all faults same when I turned key to on position prior to ignition. Swapped back to original relay, disconnected batt 10mins, fired up and no change. I decided to see if truly in limp mode, backed out of driveway and it drove fine. Went to Autozone, they pulled same P144 code. I grabbed a fuel stabilizer, got a full tank of gas, headed home.

Now what do I do? Install new battery? It’s original so likely nearing end of life anyways. Do I start worrying about AIP despite lack of codes like 2442? Check wheel sensors? (Not sure how to do that yet...?)

Sorry for the length, trying to give thorough picture...appreciate ANY suggestions

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
P144c

I would edit the above post, but this will allow a lil bump as I hope to get some suggestions!

The exact code being thrown is P144C, in addition to the “Unknown DTC” one...anyone with experience of these faults and symptoms?

Edit- replaced original battery with an AGM Platinum from Advance just now. They further cleaned connectors and upon restart, all lights remain lit...however, the A/C works again! A code P0137 for O2 sensor Bank 1 came up with P144C, although I think that’s one I see occasionally due to cat delete and O2 sim install in my BAM setup.

Perhaps a trip to dealer and a tech stream clearing of DTC’s is all I need now...? Wishful thinking?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I got weird lights on a Tacoma at one point. The issue was what they called the light actuator. Something you have looked at yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
THis happened to me from a wheel sensor error and from a broken wheel sensor, however the sequence of events you describe are probably from something else. Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THis happened to me from a wheel sensor error and from a broken wheel sensor, however the sequence of events you describe are probably from something else. Good luck.
Thanks Jimmy...I cannot tell what is coincidental vs meaningful at this point! I think something is broken somewhere, but how significant, whether electrical, SW, or HW is a mystery. This P144C code has me perplexed...a guy on another forum mentioned EVAP purge issue, however I thought the code was related to SAIP heater control or something...?

Appreciate the response and keeping fingers crossed! Drove it some today without any actual issue presenting itself (other than DTC’s)

·
Registered
397 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.