Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what the beading now looks like...I'm not sure if it's time for another application or not...This truck is outside all the time and gets a good amount of Sulphur Dioxide infused rain...Thanks to Jumbo Jet for all the help...

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

·
Registered
535 Posts
It's always time for another application. I'll be doing mine again this weekend.

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Goes on top of PL?
UPP and PL serve the same function. I did it as an experiment as Jumbo Jet likes both but has never done it before...

After using the Menzerna polishes, I put on the UPP and was happy with that alone. The guys at autogeek suggested that if I was going to do it, to put the PL on top of the UPP.

Now I'm not sure if I can put the UPP on or if I have to put the PL on...I'd like to do just one...

·
Registered
535 Posts
When was the last time you put it on?
About a week ago!

I'm getting ready for a road trip, so I'll do a detail on Sunday before I head out. I'm not sure if I wanna go with two layers PL, or PL topped with Collinite's again. The PL looks and feels great by itself.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
About a week ago!

I'm getting ready for a road trip, so I'll do a detail on Sunday before I head out. I'm not sure if I wanna go with two layers PL, or PL topped with Collinite's again. The PL looks and feels great by itself.
I would think that with having just done it recently, you'd be more than fine with just another layer of either. The PL is still on there and hasn't deteriorated in a week, but I don't know about the Collonite's...If I had to pick one, I'd go with doing another layer of that just in case any spots were missed and/or to get the look that you want.

As you did it a week ago, you really shouldn't need to do it again from a protection standpoint...this stuff is pretty durable and lasts a long time, from what I can tell...

·
Registered
535 Posts
I would think that with having just done it recently, you'd be more than fine with just another layer of either. The PL is still on there and hasn't deteriorated in a week, but I don't know about the Collonite's...If I had to pick one, I'd go with doing another layer of that just in case any spots were missed and/or to get the look that you want.

As you did it a week ago, you really shouldn't need to do it again from a protection standpoint...this stuff is pretty durable and lasts a long time, from what I can tell...
It's realistically been closer to two weeks; it rains very hard here every day, and we seem to get a lot of random debris as well.

It's not really much from a protection standpoint, because for some reason I just can't "wash" the car without slapping a layer of something on top. I'll probably just go with the PL and check it out for another week or so, because I know when I get back I'll wash it again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts