Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have recently purchased my first Tundra...and I love it! Kinda regret not going with the bigger engine, but this was the best I could do for my budget right now. Anyway I have an '08 4.7 LTundra Double SR5 2WD. I need to put an exhaust on and quick. Does anyone have any suggestions? I Want the performance boost with good sound. Any help would be greatly appreaciated, I will post pics when I get a chance, thanks all!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Suggest to check out the performance/modifications section. Search through there and you'll see that there are many options for the Tundra.

I got the Corsa Touring. Corsa in general will not drone. The Touring is not as loud as Sport. I have a young family and didn't want it to be too loud....except when I mash the pedal. I got what I wanted in the Touring model. Not cheap but I likey. You'll lose some low end torque but I personally didn't notice it.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I appreciate your budget as I bought a 2010 SR5 Crew but wanted the TRD platinum package. I am adding as I go and paying cash so the payment is not affected. I have the Corsa Sport and the afe Cold Air Intake and it sounds pretty good. May be a bit loud for some as the afe has added some additional tone but for me it works PERFECT. I don't really feel a lot of difference in performance until I really get on it then it sings very nicely. Slightly sluggish on low end. Good luck in your choices.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Congrats - Your sure going to enjoy your new ride...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have a JBA 3" single side swept exhaust and it adds a nice tone but id recommend getting it welded. Im also running an AFE intake and that really sounds good, and actually gives you a power boost, most exhaust are purely sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts