Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I posted this over at Tundra Solutions forum but got no responses, I'm hoping this forum is a little more active!

I've been looking to upgrade from my single cab Sierra and found this 07 Double Cab SR5. It has a bunch of miles on it but I will only be using it for hardware trips and towing the boat around. The Tundra came highly rated from a dozen of my friends. 10k towing really? My only gripe so far is the touchy gas pedal. It rained today and could not keep the tires from spinning at every stop! Any tips?

Also, I have a couple things on order already.

New window weatherstrip
New Antenna base

Now I'm looking for the Center cap for the wheels, Can anyone help me out?

I believe these are also it, for a better view.

Thanks!

p.s. tows the boat like nothing.. my lil sierra had its tongue hanging out!

-Carl

·
Super Moderator
10,869 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Welcome from OR. I can't help on the center cap but for the touch gas pedal look into Hypertech. They have a module where you connect (PnP) at the gas pedal and it will solve this problem.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Congrats on your new truck and good luck. Kawazziee has the first solution to 1 problem, but don't forget to look into the different sections on this forum. Very good people on TT.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Welcome from NH!

·
Banned
197 Posts
My only gripe so far is the touchy gas pedal. It rained today and could not keep the tires from spinning at every stop! Any tips?
the gas pedals were recalled, you can go to the dealership and get it replaced for free, or buy one for around $30 the new pedal is part number 04000-0040C

here is a video on the pedal recall:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
the gas pedals were recalled, you can go to the dealership and get it replaced for free, or buy one for around $30 the new pedal is part number 04000-0040C

here is a video on the pedal recall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR-3nMD-f6U
I just took a peak at my gas pedal and I have the pre-recall pedal. I then created a toyota owners account and scanned through the service history for the recall and it shows completed (90L PDL & FLR MOD). I'm assuming they did the "shim mod" to it? Anyways, it looks like the newer pedal assembly "04000-0440C" should help. I will call toyota in the AM and see if they will order me the pedal, otherwise I will just buy one online and save myself a trip.

I might do the hypertech thing afterwards, but $300+ is hard to swallow.

The Weathertech floor mats that the dealer graciously ArmourAll'd can't be helping either!

I took off from a 4-way today and hit a bump about gave myself whiplash, lol.

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

-Carl

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome To TT From Middle GA!!!:cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I decided to recall the recall and see how it feels with the shim removed. It took me 5 mins to remove the two bolts and with it upside down compressed the top spring holding it in, the 2.0 shim fell out. It still has that slight touchiness but missing the secondary surge. Still too early to tell, will report back if it's still too sensitive. free!

·
Premium Member
8,113 Posts
They did the shim to my 08 and it was horrible...I was getting whiplash when I pulled in a bumpy parking lot. I complained and they replaced the pedal. 100X better than the shim.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I decided to recall the recall and see how it feels with the shim removed. It took me 5 mins to remove the two bolts and with it upside down compressed the top spring holding it in, the 2.0 shim fell out. It still has that slight touchiness but missing the secondary surge. Still too early to tell, will report back if it's still too sensitive. free!
Update... Throttle is perfect without the shim.. It has that sticky/friction feeling on initial throttle application. Perfect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts