Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have been reading up on posts for the past month on the site and finally decided to join the form so I could start asking my own questions! First off I just picked up my Used 2015 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 and I love it. My first Toyota after 2 F-150s and a Chevy 1500. I must say I am impressed with the quality of the Tundra.

Lift : So I have decided to put a small lift on the truck I don't care for anything over 4'' as its not practical for me. I have came out with the Rough country 3'' lift W/ Front struts and 1.5'' rear blocks. 2.5-3in Leveling Lift Kit for 07-18 Toyota 4wd Tundra | Rough Country Suspension Systems®
- I know a lot of people hate on rough country but I have a 6'' on my F-150 and never ran into a single issue.

Tires : 295-70-18 not set on a particular tire yet so I'm open for suggestions !

Wheels : Keeping the stock TRD rims. What size spacer would get the tire flush to the wheel well ?? (No fender flares) 1.25'' ?? 1.5''?

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I not sure that a lot of people are hating on Rough Country as a provider of lifts.
You may find a lot of people are not big fans of any block style lift.
If you are looking to lift or level, it is the most cost effective way of doing it.
If you're willing to throw a few G's at it there are many suspension options.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If it were me, I'd throw on Bilstein 5100's up front (and out back, they are cheap enough and you'll have matching valuing) and shackles instead of lift blocks. I went with 5100's front and rear and +2 Coachbuilder shackles. The truck has a nice 1" or so rake, rides awesome, and fits 295/70-18 Cooper ST Maxx's on stock rims no prob.

I'm also running 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers which puts the tire just a shade past flush with the fender.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
If it were me, I'd throw on Bilstein 5100's up front (and out back, they are cheap enough and you'll have matching valuing) and shackles instead of lift blocks. I went with 5100's front and rear and +2 Coachbuilder shackles. The truck has a nice 1" or so rake, rides awesome, and fits 295/70-18 Cooper ST Maxx's on stock rims no prob.

I'm also running 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers which puts the tire just a shade past flush with the fender.

This ^^^ times 10. As someone that did spacers first, do yourself a favor and do it right. Cost difference is minimal, result is well worth it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Most are not a fan of the block lifts, but I use mine strictly on road, so I went with the Ready Lift SST, and got a good 3" and fit 33 x 11.50 under it and get compliments all the time on it. O issues or rubs even on the rare occasion it did go off road on the job site and had some big ditches to drop in and out of on full drop and turn. I did go with fuel wheels and a +20 offset so they stick out a good inch or more past the fender. May go to flares as I switch it all over to the new one. Just swapped trucks this week. Hopefully someone else can guide you on the stock wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.