Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a toy hauler and ordered some towing air bags to put on my crewmax, however I was shipped the wrong kit. I'm supposed to be picking up my trailer on Monday and just curious about how it will tow with just WDH alone? Trailer is 28ft toy hauler 6k dry and 9900 gross. Anyone out there have a similar toy hauler? How's it tow? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If your just bring it home you should be fine. The wdh will have to be setup correctly and should do the job. Once loaded you will want air bags or Timbrens. I use Timbrens, set them and leave them. Truck rides great with them. Good luck and Happy camping

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had changed my leaf springs to deaver soft springs for a smother ride and towed a fully loaded (10k) toy hauler last yr. With just a wdh. 160 mile round trip and truck handled great.
Now i just purchased my own toy hauler and since i will be towing more i will be going back to stock leafs and since im lifted i will add icon +1.5 and go to a smaller block. I am also running coach builders shackles which i really recommend. I would not run airbags and just let the WDH do the work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My toy hauler is 28' with a dry weight of 5400, i load 2 ranchers in there so im pulling around 7200. I also have only the WDH and have no problems towing at all

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts