Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my first attempt at detailing my truck. I did it over several days. First washed then Nanoskin. Started to correct with Menz SI1500 and orange pad then moved to FG400 yellow and MF pads. That seemed to work a little better. Polished with Menz SF4000 and green pad then sealed with PL and black pad. Topped that with Collinites 845 and black pad (honestly my untrained eye couldn't see any difference with the 845).
I think it looks a hundred times better. (Sorry no before pics).
Thanks for all of the great information in the detail threads on TT. Wouldn't have tried this without it.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1397681229.280777.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1397681258.176449.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1397681275.040163.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1397681302.022946.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1397681320.682357.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1397681340.710547.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1397681369.267076.jpg

Reactions: AZTUNDRA25

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Reactions: jc153

·
Registered
738 Posts
Looks great, nice job.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
PHEW! Thats alot of work the first time you do it! Nice job and I echo what another posted commented - "Good selection of products"!

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PHEW! Thats alot of work the first time you do it! Nice job and I echo what another posted commented - "Good selection of products"!
Lol, yeah it was a big job and I questioned why I was doing it a couple times but the results are worth it. I will do it again when needed. There are a couple spots I think I can improve on.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
As great as it looks, I'm surprised to hear you say you couldn't see much of a difference after the 845. The 845 should have softened up the look a little.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As great as it looks, I'm surprised to hear you say you couldn't see much of a difference after the 845. The 845 should have softened up the look a little.

Yeah maybe it's just me. I don't have a trained eye so I'm not sure what to look for. I'm very happy with the results either way. The 845 was pretty easy to put on with the DA though so I would do it again.
Thanks for all your input and advice Jumbo.

Reactions: Jumbo Jet

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Yeah maybe it's just me. I don't have a trained eye so I'm not sure what to look for. I'm very happy with the results either way. The 845 was pretty easy to put on with the DA though so I would do it again.
Thanks for all your input and advice Jumbo.
Now that you have it all done it may be easier to maintain it by doing a full correction on a single panel at a time rotating which panel gets done. I am going to give it a try this summer after the full detail this spring.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Now that you have it all done it may be easier to maintain it by doing a full correction on a single panel at a time rotating which panel gets done. I am going to give it a try this summer after the full detail this spring.

Youre a better than I am if you can do that. I see one panel corrected and I know how much better it looks than the rest of the truck and my OCD goes into overdrive. I do the entire truck or I don't do it at all!

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Youre a better than I am if you can do that. I see one panel corrected and I know how much better it looks than the rest of the truck and my OCD goes into overdrive. I do the entire truck or I don't do it at all!
The idea is to start a week or 2 after tge full correction and do like one panel a week so the entire truck is corrected at all times. We will see if I can stick to it:confused:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
The idea is to start a week or 2 after tge full correction and do like one panel a week so the entire truck is corrected at all times. We will see if I can stick to it:confused:

The first time I did a full vehicle paint correction it took me 3 weeks working sat and sun all three weekends. It was brutal but worth it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does everything come in that one kit? Buffer and all? and if so how much does it cost? Does anyone recommend any other kits?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts