Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hehehe its just badge and mud flap removal, 5100 adjustable's for up front are next, followed by 18x9 two tone Hoss wheels +30mm with some 275/65-18 M/T's. cant wait...

Attachments

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
put bigger tires on it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want it to look stuffed at all, I'm happy with the stock diameter tires, just going +1 inch on the wheel and tire width. I just got rid of my F250 lifted with big tires and I'm over it. Of course, I'm not knocking lifted trucks, they are still awesome but I'm ready for a little practicality

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Truck looks clean without badges. 275/65/18 (32 in) is stock size for the TRD off-road Tundra. You may want to go at least with something like 275/70/18 (33 in) or 285/65/18 (32 and 1/2 in).

·
Registered
108 Posts
very nice truck

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot for the kind words fellas. It wont be stock for long, and I will update with a photo or two as the process unfolds. now im thinking of 285/65r18 on an 18x9 with +18 offset. The Bilstein's will be set at 2.5 max height, so my current 3 1/2"(36f-39.5r) rake will change to a 1" (38.5f-39.5r) rake -I hope-, which I think looks just about perfect. im not sure if anything will rub with the +18mm offset, so maybe I should still go with the +30? I want ZERO rub, yet LOVEEE the look of those +18's!!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I ordered the Bilsteins Friday. They should be here by Tuesday! Now I'm trying to find a reputable shop in the SE Phoenix area that does perfect work. I need the shocks installed, an alignment, and a ZPC I think? Anyone know a good shop? Maybe my toyota dealer? I've owned my truck 17 days as of today, and now pandoras box has been opened..... :( bye bye savings account

And I cant find hoss wheels with +18 offset so I'm going to go with +30, and now I'm looking at every picture I can find of trucks with this wheel setup, and 285/65r18 nitto trail graps- thanks a lot you bastards! :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the Bilstein's installed today. On my 2wd 2012 DC 5.7 it raised the front fenders from 36" to 38 3/4". I got 2.75" of lift out of the claimed 2.54", yay! Initial impressions are great. I lost the Cadillac smoothness and car like ride(its ok i came from an F-250! Lol) which I was expecting. More body roll, and twitchy steering which I'm sure will go away with the wider stance of wheels and tires that are getting ordered as soon as I make up my damn mind.

I'm very happy with the results for under 450 bucks. Someday I'll get nice coil overs, but for now it's perfect. this is my first Toyota, and I really really like it! I'll post the pics after I have my steak dinner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts