Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
The threads go about 3/4 of the way through and then it's just open space so yea the stud would be able to go all the way through.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The threads go about 3/4 of the way through and then it's just open space so yea the stud would be able to go all the way through.
Depends on how they have been formed though. If you cut the nut you may compromise the integrity of the lug nut and consequences could be dire. Best to order lug nuts that are made to thread through.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Depends on how they have been formed though. If you cut the nut you may compromise the integrity of the lug nut and consequences could be dire. Best to order lug nuts that are made to thread through.
I agree but I'm holding a brand new one right now and it looks to me like an open ended lug nut with a chrome outer sleeve pressed over it. When I look into the opening I can see the chrome surface of the outer piece.

·
Registered
14,247 Posts
The more important question is "Why is the O.P. asking this question"?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm asking because I'm getting longer front studs for 1.5" spacers, but I want to be able to run the wheels without spacers and I'm hoping the stock lugs won't bottom on 1/2" longer studs.

Finding pass-through flat flange lugs is actually pretty difficult.

I bought a set of spacers where the internal acorn nuts only get a few threads of engagement and I'm not liking that, safe or not.

Yes yes and I'm sure you'll say "get a quality set of spacers" but apparently this problem is common even on Spidetraxx and other more expensive spacers as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.