Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally sold my bike and got the paper to get the work done on my truck! It's a 2012 CM and I decided to go with the 7" BDS high clearance lift and chose the matte black Rockstars with 35" Nitto Terra Graplers. Got a hell of a deal on the entire package from a friend of mine. Such a smokin' deal that I had to do it and it fit in the budget as well.

It kinda sucks though that BDS states in their catalog and on their site that they would be offering the fox gas shocks as part of this package sometime in "the spring or summer of 2012" but when we called them to order the package, they had no definitive time for this upgrade over the standard BDS rear shocks! You would think that a $2000 kit would warrant a couple hundred dollar upgrade to drum up more business!

So.... looking at late next week to have it done, can't wait! Going tomorrow to get the exhaust system worked as well. Going with a Magnaflow 18" 5x8 oval setup with the resonator being removed from the stock tailpipe to increase air flow. Thanks to Josh and his recommendations and the many listings on exhaust setups, I'm confident this is the right one for me and my tastes.

Bottom line is I will have the exhaust done, new wheels, new tires, TPMS sensors swapped to the new setup, 7" HC BDS lift installed and alignment done for $3700 OTD! I don't think anyone can argue with this price!

I'll post pics and details after it's done! :headbanger:

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
Congrats man, we are all waiting for pics once it's all installed :lol5: And thanks for the shout-out on the exhaust choice I'm glad that I could help you out.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats man, we are all waiting for pics once it's all installed :lol5: And thanks for the shout-out on the exhaust choice I'm glad that I could help you out.
No, thank you brother, you give some great information and assistance to those of us who are trying to get to where we need to be. I'll post some pics afterwards....

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
No, thank you brother, you give some great information and assistance to those of us who are trying to get to where we need to be. I'll post some pics afterwards....
I really appreciate it brother I try to help people as much as I can. Looking forward to the pics.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Wow Legacy, that is an incredible deal, Congrats man, gonna look great..

Im lookin at more then that just for the 4.5" maybe 7" (only $100 more) BDS lift and rims and tires.....not installed

Josh has alot of great info, and has pointed more then a few new members in the right direction..

Legacy does that friend of yours have any more deals like these...?

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
Congrats on the new setup JJ!

Can't wait to se the pics, sounds like all great parts :)

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
That price is amazing for all of that. Congrats, it's going to look bad azz.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow Legacy, that is an incredible deal, Congrats man, gonna look great..

Im lookin at more then that just for the 4.5" maybe 7" (only $100 more) BDS lift and rims and tires.....not installed

Josh has alot of great info, and has pointed more then a few new members in the right direction..

Legacy does that friend of yours have any more deals like these...?
I agree, the 7" makes more sense, that's why I went that direction. That way, you can ride on 35's all day and when you want to go bigger, you can fit 37's no problem without rubbing.

My buddy really hooked me up with the friend price so I'm quite positive it would be a bit more than that if someone came to his shop for the same setup. Wish I could pass this price on to folks but I don't want to put him in a position to lose money.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats on the new setup JJ!

Can't wait to se the pics, sounds like all great parts :)
Thanks David, I'm getting the lift installed next Thursday the 5th and aligned on Friday the 6th. I'm pretty slammed with my schedule on Friday at the base but I should be able to make it over to pick it up by about 4 or 5pm.

I'll get some pics posted next weekend~!~!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Pics

Lift is done, truck is a beast. Of note, for those of you with 2012 2WD, if you use the 7" BDS, your drive shaft WILL be too short and require either a carrier bearing drop bracket or a drive shaft spacer/extender. I went with the bracket for now and will get a spacer machined and mounted to the back end of my drive shaft to compensate for the longer geometry on the truck.

I also took some build pics as well to show the front, the rear, and the new skid plate and cross member. No issues with alignment, took about 8 or 9 minutes from start to finish due to the builder getting it extremely close by eye before the alignment started.

Love the look, feels high, looks high, love the truck. NOT PLEASED with BDS as a company right now!
Nowhere on the site or on the catalogue does it tell a customer or a builder that their will be drive shaft issues on a 2012 2WD and does not give specs for either a bracket or a spacer.

Luckily CoachBuilder was there to help out with some needed information to pass on to the builder for this specific model and made it work! Thanks again Coach!!

Attachments

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Thanks for those pics.. The truck looks great, congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Congrats on the lift, looking great. If you can get a chance, can you measure how high it is from the ground to the bottom of your front fender. I'm curious to compare with mine. If you have time.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on the lift, looking great. If you can get a chance, can you measure how high it is from the ground to the bottom of your front fender. I'm curious to compare with mine. If you have time.
Thanks man, I actually measured a few things last night. Here's what I came up with:

Center of rear wheelwell height - 46”
Center of front Wheelwell height - 46 1/4"
Bottom of Emblem height- 45 1/4”

All measurements were taken on the left side (happen to the closest!). These are all "by sight" measurements as the tires are offset a little and don't let me get the tape measure directly up to the wheelwell but it should be within about 1/8" inch either way.

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
WoW that turned out nice!!! Perfect stance and your offset is nice and wide. Congrats on a whole new truck. Glad everything worked out :)

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WoW that turned out nice!!! Perfect stance and your offset is nice and wide. Congrats on a whole new truck. Glad everything worked out :)
Thanks David, I appreciate all the help. If you can, text me your email address so I can send over some pics of the bracket that was fab'd for the carrier bearing. I'd like to see what you think and get a comparison to yours so I know if I should swap mine.

Also, got a spare drive shaft (the pieces I needed for mockup) for that spacer/extender so I'll make some progress on it next week and hook up with you afterwards.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Man that truck looks mean!! Nice work!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts