Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks good! Guess I need to get me some!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah texasBob they are very helpful at night specially with my dark tint on my windows plus I like the look of the white lights better ?

Tundrakountry yes indeed we have so very nice and cool looking lights ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I got them for $55 from GCop send him a PM so he can give u a quote. Should be about the same price. Oh yeah I got them shipped pretty quick.

X2,

I'm still enjoying mine every time I back into the garage. The lights work well with the tinted windows!

The 2-sided tape included is REALLY sticky, make certain you're ready to leave it when you stick it!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the joy didn't last for long. I have an issue with them now. Looks like every time I kick it into reverse one or the other light won't work so only one or the other turns out alternating from each other. Rightnow it seems to be stock into only turning the driver side but as I keep testing and unplugging and plugging them fixes the problem but only for a few period of times. Is there a way to fix this? I like the brightness of it so I would hate to have to return it

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
How long does it take them to get full brightness? Do they kinda slowly get brighter when they're not already warm?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They take about 10 seconds to get full brightness but even when they first kick on on a cold start they're brighter than my old LEDs and that's why I like them.. But kinda sux that I am having some trouble with one or the other not kicking on most of the time. Trying find a fix for that..

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Mine doesn't take 10 seconds. Might take 5 at most. By the time I toss her in reverse and get my eyes adjusted to the mirrors, they're ready to go.

·
"Seahawks Hater"
4,147 Posts
When I first bought my set, one light was very dim. Told gcop and he sent me another light after I reminded him about my light not arriving. Well it finally came and it was fixed.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's getting a lil annoying with this HIDs and LEDs swap lol seems like I am having problems with all of them. First my DRLs then my Fog lights and now these ones.. Ahhhhhh lol.. I PM'ed Gcop see what I can solve. Wish me luck ;)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Show an output light at night if you don't mind.

The diffuser built into the plastic tail lights impacts the lights overall impact. Here are mine with some LED's in the reverse lights.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I'd be worried about the heat. The distance between the hid and the plastic is a lot less than the distance in headlights. May melt the tail light if left on for a while.

I like the instant light of my LEDs... waiting 10 secs for reverse lights sounds funny

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will take some pictures tonight. That is if I get both of them to turn on at the same time lol.. I have aftermarket tail lights but I see where the light obstacle happens even on these tail lights. And like I said before the lights are brighter than stock and LEDs even at a cold start so no really a need to wait for full performance and might not really be 10 seconds that was just my guess for I really don't sit there and wait for them to be completely lid. But I am really bother by them both not turning on at the same time; not because of lighting since even just one on is bright but because they both should be on as standard.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts