Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally received my Iron Cross HD Steps today and couldn't wait to install them. It only took about 1 1/2 hrs by myself. I love them. My wife was less than thrilled when I bought them but now she thinks my truck looks way better. What do you guys think? I'm gonna plasti-dip the chrome steps and emblem tomorrow! Before and After

Attachments

Reactions: Dan Allen

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's stock height for a crewmax rock warrior 4x4.

·
Spooge Guzzler
6,318 Posts
That's a pretty intense incline on the driveway ya got there.
Having the nose up, makes the rear squat a little and makes it look lower.

Nice steps.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
It's the angle of the picture that makes it seem lower, I think. The new steps look awesome. Iron Cross makes some good stuff. I like their bumpers also.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Did my steps Monday night (keeping the wife & daughters happy). It took an hour. Ionic Railways. Great video on youtube with step-by-step instructions. But man, my 50 year old back was hurting bigtime after an hour on the concrete garage floor. :lol:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Do you think the plasti-dip will hold up since that a contacting area during getting in the car. I was think about plasti-dip mines, but not sure will it be a great idea since we get in and out of the car all the time and will it ruin the PD...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know how it will hold up but for $6 dollars in pd I'm gonna try it. Painted the steps today but wasn't able to get the badge pd'd yet.

Attachments

Reactions: NIE_Cal

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
oh wow, those steps look good!! I always want to get steps when I see the kids struggle to get in the truck. These are definitely something to consider.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not the best photo of the Ionic Railways I put on this week:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They look good coach. I was gonna go that route at first.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't know how it will hold up but for $6 dollars in pd I'm gonna try it. Painted the steps today but wasn't able to get the badge pd'd yet.
I p'd my the chrome on my steps as well... they hold up alright. After a couple of weeks they will start peeling but all you have to do is spray again... no biggie!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wanted to update how my pd'd steps plates are holding up. The step plates are holding up great from foot traffic of climbing in and out. I've taken my truck through a local touch less car wash a few times in the last month though and today they've started to bubble a little bit when I left the wash. I think I'm gonna peel and go with a textured black paint or may just wait and linex.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts