Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have an FFV delete or know of one, preferably that doesn't void warranty? It seems like if there isn't a way now, possibly going the FFV SC request route with Toyota might cause them to release a flash to delete the FFV???

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
SAD FACE. I'm in the same boat as you, Brewkrew72. Somebody donate me a 5.7L non-FFV...and a few grand for the S/C.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am not sure how many times I have to point out that all the 5.7's are the same, it's the fuel sytem is different, I think the injectors are even the same. Just figure out how to convert to a non FFV ECU and you should be straight for the blower.
Maybe he can go with the standalone to add the blower

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
texasranger96, how does one do this? Any idea? Bear with me, I'm still new to the gear-head world.

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,497 Posts
Well like I said it might be as simple as swapping in a Non-FFV ECU.
And maybe injectors but if you supercharge you change those out anyway. FFV is such a joke in the overall scheme of things.

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
There are differences in the valves, certain seals, likely the rings, the pistons may have a different coating too, the injectors and fuel pumps and ecu as well as fuel lines...

Realistically the only thing prohibiting installing an s/c on a flex is the ecu tho...

·
Registered
721 Posts
There are differences in the valves, certain seals, likely the rings, the pistons may have a different coating too, the injectors and fuel pumps and ecu as well as fuel lines...

Realistically the only thing prohibiting installing an s/c on a flex is the ecu tho...
I have looked up the engine part#'s and they are the same between the two engines as far as I can tell.

It would not hurt running an FFV on a non FFV ECU, as the FFV ECU has more components to control and the non FFV ecu wouldn't know those components were there, so in theory it should work!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I have looked up the engine part#'s and they are the same between the two engines as far as I can tell.

It would not hurt running an FFV on a non FFV ECU, as the FFV ECU has more components to control and the non FFV ecu wouldn't know those components were there, so in theory it should work!
X2, just get a non flexfuel ecu and put it in the truck.

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
I read an article online that listed the differences, hence my listing of said differences. I don't know where article had received it's info from however...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well If I typed somewhere on the internet that the Tundra was made by Ford would you believe that too?

If you really want to know the truth about the differences read on the TIS website (Toyota Information Systems) because I already did your research and I don't even have a FFV. If you get on that website you will need to pay a two day pass fee for $15.00, there is a ridiculous amount of info there. Some of the research I did is by a cross referencing part numbers and showed me what was different between the two trucks!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Well If I typed somewhere on the internet that the Tundra was made by Ford would you believe that too?

If you really want to know the truth about the differences read on the TIS website (Toyota Information Systems) because I already did your research and I don't even have a FFV. If you get on that website you will need to pay a two day pass fee for $15.00, there is a ridiculous amount of info there. Some of the research I did is by a cross referencing part numbers and showed me what was different between the two trucks!
On a lighter note, if u told me my truck was made by Ford I would never believe you, neither of my Tundras has left me or my family stranded;)

·
Premium Member
87 Posts

·
Registered
13,894 Posts

So you say to not believe what you see on the internet, and yet you have links to part numbers on the internet... :lol5::lol5::lol5:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts