Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I'm stuck between the thought of getting fender flares or none at all. I had the paint matched bushwhacker pocket style on my last one and love the look of them. I've also seen some with the smooth flares that look good too. Just looking for some pics of your tundras with or without flares to help me figure out what to do thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
371 Posts
My truck will never see a lift kit or aftermarket wheels. I'd like thw tire to stick out a bit more but I like mine better with the flares.

With...

[/URL][/IMG]

Without...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Never say never!!! lol!!

I like the look of the flares myself... makes you stand out a little more from all the stock tundras rolling around.

Reactions: 65aircooled

·
Registered
197 Posts
Heres mine with them not colored matched which I think looks good on silver or black... other colors I think look good color matched..

·
Registered
701 Posts
Mad man.. what brand flares are those?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
My truck will never see a lift kit or aftermarket wheels. I'd like thw tire to stick out a bit more but I like mine better with the flares.

With...

[/URL][/IMG]

Without...

I was thinking exactly like this when I bought my Tundra 3 years ago. I loved the TRD wheels so I got the off-road package. I even like the TRD stock suspension including the rake.

For me the first domino was the pocket style fender flares. I just came to love them. But the flares makes the stock tires/wheels to be too tucked in for me. So instead of getting wheel spacers (which I didn't like) I got new wheels (18 mm offset) with stock tires mounted for now. When I get larger tires to match the flares, I will need a lift, etc. Sometimes one mod proves to be your downfall, haha.

Reactions: 65aircooled

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
It is crack...don't try it (that is, any mods) or you will become addicted.

I was thinking exactly like this when I bought my Tundra 3 years ago. I loved the TRD wheels so I got the off-road package. I even like the TRD stock suspension including the rake.

For me the first domino was the pocket style fender flares. I just came to love them. But the flares makes the stock tires/wheels to be too tucked in for me. So instead of getting wheel spacers (which I didn't like) I got new wheels (18 mm offset) with stock tires mounted for now. When I get larger tires to match the flares, I will need a lift, etc. Sometimes one mod proves to be your downfall, haha.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mad man.. what brand flares are those?
Not sure of the brand but I got them off of ebay for $245... not a bad price for some flares... so far so good..

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
They help keep the side windows and the mirrors clean if you have wheel offset and or wide tires. This now ranks among the most expensive pieces of plastic I've bought but I got it out of necessity really.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a good point. That never crossed my mind actually. I'm good with 275/65/20s so I don't think I would have that problem

·
Registered
442 Posts
Flares are for sissies...that being sad I have plasti-dipped stampede pocket flares :D

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
I got a great deal on a slightly used OEM set from a fellow Tundra Brother.

It really depends on your tire width. For my tires/wheels I think the flares are perfect.

With

Without.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have been contemplating what to buy for the last couple months. I have been eye balling the ones on eBay for $245. I just pulled the trigger after seeing this thread and ordered them.

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
MadManTund, i ordered a set of those flares also, can you give me any type of measurement on how far they stick out? I know the OE BW is 1" and the Pocket BW is 2", im curious on these. Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts