Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I'm think I want to Line-X Extra a few things on my truck, and none of which include the bed.

I am thinking I want Line-X'ed:
-the front chrome bumper
-the painted piece just above that
-the grill surround, (and possibly the grill itself+chrome emblem if possible?)
-all 4 door handles and the tailgate handle
-the rear bumper
-the stock sidesteps
-the stock side view mirrors...

i want no chrome on my truck. The truck is debadged. I have the the Sandy Beach Metallic. I want the Black Line-X (Unless another color would look better... [silver?])

My question to you all is what combination of those items (or all of those items) should i have Line-X'ed?

also, to show you want i mean about "the painted piece above that", i mean this:

Any suggestion/feedback about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Just do the whole damn truck and then you won't even remember those little scratches from your de-badging ordeal.

·
Registered
607 Posts
honestly, I actually think it would look pretty damn good on your color truck. would be a nice contrast... helluva lot better than chrome, IMO. black wheels would really set it off if you did that (paint though, not line-X on them, haha).

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, so now im think i'll just Line-X the front/rear bumpers, grill surround, and door handles. Then, i may look into getting my rims powder coated black or something like that...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
ok, so now im think i'll just Line-X the front/rear bumpers, grill surround, and door handles. Then, i may look into getting my rims powder coated black or something like that...
I think you should line-X the bumpers, have them do a super fine texture. I think you should leave the upper bumper, door handles and mirrors alone, or even better have the handles, mirror caps, and grille surround color matched.

My only problem with it all is i think you should do the Black headlight mod, it might look kinda funny having chrome headlights and there is no chrome anywhere else. :confused:

On top of all that i think you got a great looking truck just the way it is man.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am also thinking of doing line x on the chrome part of my front and rear bumpers. I want to do the color matched line x though.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I am going to do the chrome bumpers colored matched in silver sky. I just can not get the money together to do it. If you did all that in black it would look like a work truck like the pic. Color match it atleast!

·
Registered
14 Posts
just did my first mods after getting the truck a few weeks ago. white painted handles and fender flares, powder coated bumpers, smoked turn signals and taillights, linexd grill surround and bumper piece, black billet grill. hope you like.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts