Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there who lives in the Los Angeles area (Woodland Hills, Northridge, Canoga Park, Simi Valley) who has the stock TRD wheels with Falken WildPeak A/T tires in size 305/65R18? I would like to see if you have any rubbing issues and how your truck looks with them. Pics are OK but I'd really like to see it in person.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm researching the same tire and size and came across this - this link takes you to a Google search that is zoomed in on a nice pic from TS.
Thanks! I saw that pic already and they look pretty good. I have the exact same truck but the SR5, not the Limited model. I actually saw a GMC yesterday with the Wildpeaks on and they looked really good. They had 35x12.5/R17, but no one was around to ask how they liked them. My thing is I want a higher profile tire like the 35 (at least a 34) to fill out the wheel well, but most won't fit on the stock 8" wheel without either improper wear or rubbing issues. I'm adding a 3.5" spindle lift, so most rubbing issues will be resolved except maybe the UCA or the spindle itself. I'm also looking at the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ 305/70R18 tire. That tire is 35" and is rated for an 8" rim. But I think they're a lot more expensive than the WildPeaks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts