Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was seriously looking at these tires but living in Florida I was adamantly told by a few tire dealers that I did not want these because they are a "W" winter tire. A recurring comment is that these seem to be the best bang for buck tire for those wanting an aggressive look over the stock tire.

Can someone explain to me the difference and the drawbacks to running a winter tire in Florida? Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have had these for a year and several months now and have put approx 20k miles and have had no issues. They look like they have barely worn at all. I do rotate every 5k miles as well. I live in South Alabama, so we never see snow. I was unaware that these are winter tires.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have these tires in 35" (325/65r18). I like them a lot. Good price very aggressive looking all terrain tire not a winter tire. They get the winter rating I believe for the extra sidewall grips. I had them for about 5K with no problems. Hasn't snow here in NH yet so not sure about the snow. On back dirt roads very nice. On twisty backroads when you drop the auto transmission down to 4S and drive 45-50 mph instead of the posted 35, they grip like crazy and don't break free. The treads have very deep and multiple sipping cuts that allow the treads to really grab the road in dry and wet conditions. They also have one of the deepest treads of all the all terrain tires. This deep tread is partially responsible for the one negative factor about the Wildpeaks is their weight. I believe mine weigh 77lbs, but they are 13" wide with an almost 11" tread. I run them at around 40 lbs. to soften the ride from the E rated tires and 700lbs lifted coilover springs.

Hope this helps. Dan

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been running 275/70/18 wildpeaks for a few months as well. They are the best bang for the buck.

As far as "winter" tires I thought they were more of an all terrain tire. Anyway I bought them for the aggressive look and price.

I did lose 1-2 MPG. but love the look and ride.

I have a 2014 Crew max Limited TRD at stock height. Tires fit perfectly without any rub at all.
Wildpeak.jpg

Reactions: theoat

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I have these tires in 35" (325/65r18). I like them a lot. I run them at around 40 lbs. to soften the ride from the E rated tires and 700lbs lifted coilover springs.
I recently joined the 325/65r18 club. You can run less than 40 psi if you want. They are rated for 2535lb at 35psi. I'm running 35f and 30r.

·
Registered
143 Posts
About to join the falken fan club...

Been looking hard at 305x65xr18 an 295x70xr18

It was a tough choice between the wildpeak, ridge grapplers or Ko2's. However... the wildpeak At3 looks great, sounds good (you tube vids) and is a lot cheaper than the ko2's.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
305/65r18 is a good easy to fit size. Would be nice if they made a 295/70r18 or 35x12.5r18 though. Next size up is 325/65r18 which I would have gotten, but DTD was out.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I haven't run Falkens before, but I definitely like the looks of these. Very interested to keep reading how these hold up! So far it looks like they are a great tire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had the falken wildpeaks on my old Silverado and loved them. Wife has them on her platinum Armada. Not too loud for her. They wear really well and great snow traction. Shop around. The ones on my Silverado were $1300 (a little over stock height) and hers were $850.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts