Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am piecing together the tires and wheels for a 7" BDS Lift. I want to go with 37's and am considering the Falkens.

Sears has them for $407 a tire. I am able to find Tundra folks w/ Toyo's and Kumho's in 37's but nobody seems to be running Falkens.

My questions:

1. Is there a reason why Tundra owners don't seem to be running Falkens? The tread pattern is a little tame for my taste but from the reviews they seem to be good performers.

2. Does anyone have pics of Falken 37's on a Tundra

3. Should I not go with these?

If no, whats the best choice tire for a pavement pounder? My truck will see light offroading maybe once a month if that.

if yes, where can i beat Sears price? There customer service has always sucked IMHO. I'd rather not deal with them.

This is the only pic I could find of the 37". I couldn't find any on Tundra's.

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
If you're looking for a nice riding street type go with the Falkens- if you want a more mud type or ALL Terrain, go Nitto Grappler, Open Country Toyo, Nitto Trails, Or BF Goodrich. They make 37's as well. The Falken probably has a better mileage rating and a softer ply wheich makes it a nice traveling tire

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran a 33" falken wild peak for about 2k miles. They were the best priced tire at the time, and the 50k mile tread warrany sold me. They were quiet and rode real nice.

They aren't as aggressive looking as the other AT tires, which is why I went with nittos when I upgraded to 35" tires. If I wasn't concerned with looks, I'd have gone with the falkens again. As a matter of fact, when these nitto terra grappers wear out, I may go back to falken. Not because I don't like the nittos, love 'em, but as I age, the noise factor irritates me, and I'm less concerned with how cool a tire looks :lol: The terra graps aren't very noisy, but the falkens are quiet, if I recall. Mine's a pavement pounder too :D
Thanks. The looks factor is definitely a concern. They don't seem to look as big as they are, which is why I was looking to see what they looked like on a Tundra.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Exactly what size tire are you looking for 37x??x??

·
"Seahawks Hater"
4,147 Posts
Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim I have them 33". They are horrible in wet conditions IMO and they haven't been tested in snow yet.

Pic is just tire. I bought 37 m16. Waiting on shocks. Won't buy that tire again.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I found AMP Mud terrain in 37x13.50x22 for 415 a tire, check em out

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have them in 325/60/20. Mine are from Discount Tire and although are the same as the Wild Peaks, they are marketed through DT as Rocky Mountains.

I love mine. The are quiet, they ride well, they are more aggressive looking than pictures do them justice. They are heavy though, but that's because they are triple-ply sidewall. Only BFGs give you that besides Falkens.

I hit some real heavy rain the other day. The type that sheeted on the roads and the truck hydroplaned more than I would have liked. The nannies did their job though so no real issue.

I will buy them again when the time comes, but I'm 30k miles and they are at about half-life. That's with the SC and some accompanying hooliganism.

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts