Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be putting these bad boys on the market in the next 2/3 weeks and was wanting to know what would be a fair price to sell them???

They are the TSS package rims/tires:

-20" Black Alloy with milled accents
-P285/55R20 BF Goodrich All-Terrain A/T

Will roughly have no more than a 1000 miles on them as my truck is only a weekend warrior, bought on March 16th of this year...

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think you need more posts to list something for sale.

FWIW, I'd ask about $600-800 for the tires and maybe another $500-600 for the wheels. So maybe about $1,100-$1,400 as a package deal. Those tires are way more expensive new but that's mainly because 285-55-20 is an uncommon size. There are similar 20" tire options that are significantly cheaper which is why I don't think you can ask top dollar for them. Kind of the same situation on the wheels. I'm sure they're way more expensive new at dealership but there are plenty of aftermarket options in the $600-800 range. I know most wouldn't want to do this but I'd separate the wheels and tires if I was trying to maximize potential buyers and sale price.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Didn't think he was trying to sell anything yet.....just getting a figure amount. Anyways, nice rims.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I know someone selling exact rims. Asking for 1k w/no luck yet. Hit or miss. I would start around that price and take best offer. Or keep them in case you ever decide to sell the truck and you can put them back on. I had an 11 Tundra and like an idiot I sold it w/my 35" trailgrapplers and fuel rims. Sold the rims/tires (stock) dirt cheap. 6 months after selling it I bought a 13 TSS edition. Now i'm going to keep the chrome package rims w/tires (don't want to but don't want to fork up the cash AGAIN!). Wish I still had the stock because I would of swapped them out and kept my aftermarkets. Just a thought.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know someone selling exact rims. Asking for 1k w/no luck yet. Hit or miss. I would start around that price and take best offer. Or keep them in case you ever decide to sell the truck and you can put them back on. I had an 11 Tundra and like an idiot I sold it w/my 35" trailgrapplers and fuel rims. Sold the rims/tires (stock) dirt cheap. 6 months after selling it I bought a 13 TSS edition. Now i'm going to keep the chrome package rims w/tires (don't want to but don't want to fork up the cash AGAIN!). Wish I still had the stock because I would of swapped them out and kept my aftermarkets. Just a thought.
Thanks for the advice. Probably will try to put it on the market for $1000 but if no takers, then I'll just keep em'.

Thanks

Tundra Monkey

·
Registered
263 Posts
I know someone selling exact rims. Asking for 1k w/no luck yet. Hit or miss.
Yeah, no surprise there. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but there are just way too many awesome aftermarket rims that can be had for under a grand to spend that kind of money on some OEM take-offs.

Like selling anything, I guess you just have to ask yourself how bad you actually want to sell them. If you really want to hold onto them, and don't mind 4 big ol 20" rims and tires sitting in the garage, then ask top dollar and hope that the one lone buyer who is willing to drop major bucks finds you. If however, you'd rather have the cash, mark em at a reasonable price lots of people will want to jump on and you'll have them sold in no time.

As for holding onto them so you can put them back on later if/when you sell the truck, that's an ok idea in concept. I buy and sell a lot of motorcycles, and with those I do typically hold onto stock parts. Why? Because aftermarket upgrades rarely recoup much of their cost and often don't help sell a bike. Clean, stock bikes often attract more buyers. I'll put the stock parts back on when I go to sell the bikes and sell off all the aftermarket goodies for 2/3rds of what I have in them. Not bad. But I sell frequently and don't hold onto the bikes for a long time. So now let's investigate the idea with truck wheels and tires.

How long do you plan to own your truck? If you're like jasonjl85 and you're likely to sell or trade your truck in a year or two it may make sense. If you plan to hold onto it for 4-7 years what are you going to do when you sell it - put 4-7 year old tires back on the truck? What are the chances you're next vehicle is going to have the same bolt pattern, lift, etc to run your aftermarket wheels you just pulled off? And even if you wanted to sell the aftermarket wheels because you think they're worth more, are they really going to net you that much return when they've been used for 4-7 years. I'm not saying these are out of the question, but just some things to think about to determine the real probability of going this route.

And probably the biggest factor in my mind - If we were talking about selling the wheels and tires for a few hundred bucks the sale would barely put a dent in the price of the new wheels and tires. But recouping say $500-600 on the wheels alone would cover as much as 50-60% of the upcoming purchase. Sure, $1,000 for the wheels would cover more of your next purchase, but again you have to wonder if you'll be patient enough to find the guy willing to pay that kind of money.

Anyway, I don't have any stake in the game but I think about these things a lot because I buy and sell a lot vehicles, and thinking through the best options is part of the fun for me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, no surprise there. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but there are just way too many awesome aftermarket rims that can be had for under a grand to spend that kind of money on some OEM take-offs.

Like selling anything, I guess you just have to ask yourself how bad you actually want to sell them. If you really want to hold onto them, and don't mind 4 big ol 20" rims and tires sitting in the garage, then ask top dollar and hope that the one lone buyer who is willing to drop major bucks finds you. If however, you'd rather have the cash, mark em at a reasonable price lots of people will want to jump on and you'll have them sold in no time.

As for holding onto them so you can put them back on later if/when you sell the truck, that's an ok idea in concept. I buy and sell a lot of motorcycles, and with those I do typically hold onto stock parts. Why? Because aftermarket upgrades rarely recoup much of their cost and often don't help sell a bike. Clean, stock bikes often attract more buyers. I'll put the stock parts back on when I go to sell the bikes and sell off all the aftermarket goodies for 2/3rds of what I have in them. Not bad. But I sell frequently and don't hold onto the bikes for a long time. So now let's investigate the idea with truck wheels and tires.

How long do you plan to own your truck? If you're like jasonjl85 and you're likely to sell or trade your truck in a year or two it may make sense. If you plan to hold onto it for 4-7 years what are you going to do when you sell it - put 4-7 year old tires back on the truck? What are the chances you're next vehicle is going to have the same bolt pattern, lift, etc to run your aftermarket wheels you just pulled off? And even if you wanted to sell the aftermarket wheels because you think they're worth more, are they really going to net you that much return when they've been used for 4-7 years. I'm not saying these are out of the question, but just some things to think about to determine the real probability of going this route.

And probably the biggest factor in my mind - If we were talking about selling the wheels and tires for a few hundred bucks the sale would barely put a dent in the price of the new wheels and tires. But recouping say $500-600 on the wheels alone would cover as much as 50-60% of the upcoming purchase. Sure, $1,000 for the wheels would cover more of your next purchase, but again you have to wonder if you'll be patient enough to find the guy willing to pay that kind of money.

Anyway, I don't have any stake in the game but I think about these things a lot because I buy and sell a lot vehicles, and thinking through the best options is part of the fun for me.
Thanks! Very good points. Will think of them when the time comes for me to put them on the market. Thanks all for the advice.

Tundra Monkey

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wish these were listed a couple weeks ago. I would have taken them but I just got TRD rims.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish these were listed a couple weeks ago. I would have taken them but I just got TRD rims.
Thanks.

Not on the market yet. Just getting a feel of fair pricing...

Tundra Monkey

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.