Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new RW last week from the dealer and had the XM "additional parts" added in the invoice. The truck was "ordered" and I waited the 6 weeks for delivery.

I was driving near my house where I have always had perfect satellite reception and never had it cut out. The radio in the tundra (6.1 screen with Entune) was dropping the reception constantly.

I checked out the antenna, which is the cheap aftermarket square antenna, and mounted just above my DRIVERS door. The wire is running out of the gasket seal and double stuck to the roof.

I followed the wired to inside the engine compartment and it is duct taped to the inner fender.

I took it to the dealer yesterday and they said that they are looking into and said that they will more than likely replace the antenna thats on there and install a factory one like it should have been in the first place. They told me that this was probably a shortcut at the port and should never have happened. It will definitely not be an easy install for them im sure.

I just wanna see if anyone else has run into anything like this or had problems with their antenna's. Im putting my faith in the dealer at this point to make it right but we'll see.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
On the plus side, you are going to find out quickly what your relationship with the dealer will be.

Reactions: argyle64

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm not happy with my factory XM setup either, and mine has the factory antenna. All my stand-alone sirius and xm units have a buffer of between 5 and 10 seconds built in to them so trees and overpasses don't affect the output. The factory setup in my RW seems to have no buffer, because it's constantly dropping out in wooded areas and places my stand alone units never do.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm not happy with my factory XM setup either, and mine has the factory antenna. All my stand-alone sirius and xm units have a buffer of between 5 and 10 seconds built in to them so trees and overpasses don't affect the output. The factory setup in my RW seems to have no buffer, because it's constantly dropping out in wooded areas and places my stand alone units never do.
Toyota's not alone in this. GM & Nissan have the same "interruption" under those conditions. I too have had Sirius (aftermarket) previously with way less interruptions.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Had the same since 06 with my Silverado. Have the same square box in my 07 since I bought it. Toyota back in 07 never had it set up from the factory. Had to go to some music/electronic store to get it installed. Same is done on my wife's 07 Prius.

·
Registered
607 Posts
my last tundra had aftermarket- way less drop out. My 13 cuts out more but no more than my fiancés old Tahoe nor her 13 4runner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts