Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I decided to go with a LRO 3/1 Leveling Kit with Nitto Grappler 305/55/20 tires but before I start buying everything, I have a question about my Factory Texas Edition 20" Chrome wheels w/Black Accent. (see signature picture of wheel).

I'm pretty sure the specs on my wheels are:
20x9
30mm offset

I looked on the inside of the wheel and it's stamped with [Maximum Tire 33"] but doesn't indicate the width or offset but searching the wheels online (Ultra Grinders is the brand and model and the 5x150 bolt pattern shows 30mm offset.

So My Questions are:

Will 305/55/20 look good with a 30mm offset wheel? (currently I'm running 275/55/20 on these wheels and the tire is pretty much flush with the fender).
Will it rub?

I prefer a 18mm offset wheel (like the tire to stick pass the fender a just little bit) but the only difference between a 30mm vs 18mm offset is 12mm which is only half an inch (.47 inch). How much difference can one see with a half inch difference (sticking out) wheel?

I'm not familiar with backspace as it relates to offset but if it's only .47" difference, I rather keep my stock Texas Edition wheels.

Can anyone help and/or give me some advice?

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the same offset and tire size I'm running. I had to remove the small rectangular flap in front of the front tires is all. No other rubbing.
Awesome,

Do you have any pictures (side view) of the tire? I'm trying to see how far it sticks past the fender if any.

Hopefully my specs are correct and these are indeed 20x9 wheels with 30mm offset.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, did some more research. According to this thread:

Texas TSS/TX Edition Wheels

These Texas Edition 20" wheels are 50mm offset and not 30mm offset as indicated on Ultra website.

Confused? If these are indeed 50mm offset then I need to look for 18mm offset wheels. But again the 305/55/20 tires are about 1" wider than the stock 275/55/20 tires so if I keep these Texas Edition wheels, the tire will still be 1" wider with 305/55/20 correct?

· Read Only
3,501 Posts
They are about 1.2" wider. And 1.3" taller than stock. So take a measuring tape and measure roughly 1/2 inch from where the tire is sticking out now.

Here's mine with 30 offset. I wouldn't do 18 offset unless you were going to do flares. Even mine sling mud and water down the side of my truck even with my mud flaps still on.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are about 1.2" wider. And 1.3" taller than stock. So take a measuring tape and measure roughly 1/2 inch from where the tire is sticking out now.

Here's mine with 30 offset. I wouldn't do 18 offset unless you were going to do flares. Even mine sling mud and water down the side of my truck even with my mud flaps still on.

Your offset of 30mm is perfect. I have to see if a 1/2 inch wider tire is good enough for me with my stock wheels.

I agree, slinging mud and water would bug me big time so either new wheels at 30mm offset or stock wheels at 50mm offset.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You recognize my grill? Haha
Haha, that's awesome. Small world huh. It does look good on your setup. I'm thinking about getting the limited grill and maybe painting it black. Don't know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.