Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 days in a row now its been a little chilly here in Central Texas so I tried taking advantage of the remote start to warm up the truck before I left.
I started the truck from inside, went and finished getting ready and walked out only to find it not running.
Someone mentioned it could be because it was less than 1/4 tank, so the second day I made sure it was full.
Same issue. Its probably 15 mins between the start time and me walking out.

So does anyone know if the truck is programmed to shut off after a certain amount of time, and what that time is?

Thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Google answered my question

After remotely starting the engine, how long will the engine run before it shuts off?
Any vehicle started with the remote engine starter can idle for a total of 20 minutes. Automatic engine shutdown occurs after 10 minutes, but the vehicle may be remotely started as many times as you wish for an additional 10 minutes. After 20 minutes of total operation, however, the vehicle must be started manually to reset the remote engine starter.

·
Registered
13,522 Posts
It's 10 min on the oem, at least for 2010 it is. You can re-start for a total of 20, but that is it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts