Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it is possible to have an OE head unit with bluetooth that doesn't have the steering wheel controls. If so does anyone know the model number? The reason behind this is when I got my Tundra the salesman told me it would have bluetooth, long story short it didn't and all the aftermarket bt modules their guy is trying only play through the front speakers. He has a lot of Tundra head units but doesn't know what model number for OE bluetooth. So far I have found one model number is 86120-0C290. As of right now I have the single cd NON-JBL unit. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
617 Posts
That is the correct part number for the non JBL with BT. I took mine out for an aftermarket. You probably would be better off with an aftermarket unit in the $200 range. It would probably be a major PIA to try and set it up without the steering wheel controls. Aftermarket will make the factory door speakers sound a lot better too. If you are set on OEM, I will let you have mine cheap.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So factory BT has steering wheel controls? The guy attempting the BT install for the dealership has Tundra units, said he would install it no charge as he is hitting a wall trying to find a BT module to stream through all speakers.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I assume you can manually do BT from the face of the head unit. He probably has to install the factory mic. Chances are the harness is already there. The BT unit also has the XM module on top of the cab.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have the 0C290 model installed from the factory. Also have a JBL (0C310) unit that I'm thinking of swapping in. The 0C290 def has BT option (and works with steering controls).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the issue someone else was having was the steering wheel controls are required for the BT to function. I may be calling the dealership again to see what they are going to do for me since their aftermarket install guy has hit a wall as far as how to get the BT to stream through all 6 speakers. If I had known it was going to be this much of a PIA I would have told him to keep the truck and find with OE BT installed. So we will see where it goes from there. May end up getting an aftermarket Pioneer of some sort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts