Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Factory headlights lens needed

725 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Project_Moto 
#1 ·
Hey does anyone on here have the lens for the 2007-2013 factory headlights they would be willing to sell??

I took my tundra in to have some oracle color shifts installed and I told the guy to do a BHLM too. I guess he thought that meant spray 3 coats of VHT Nightshade on the headlights.

Not gonna lie it looks great, but I don't want any trouble with the cops and the visibility of the lights has been greatly reduced.

So, if anyone has the lens and would be willing to sell it, I would GREATLY appreciate it. If anyone has factory headlights that they would be willing to sell at a good price I would consider that as well.

Thanks!! Pics of my truck will be uploaded as soon as everything is done. People have been tellin me my build looks pretty sick!

#2 · (Edited)
Gas will take the tint off of the lenses even if they are clear coated, buffed and polished. I'd just wipe them down good, then restore the lens using a restore kit. I think it will be hard to find just the lenses.

#3 ·
So what exactly do I do? Pour gas on a cloth or material like such and wipe it down until the Nightshade is off? And where can I get a restore kit? Thanks for the info btw

#4 ·
Yeah soak a rag with gas and rub like crazy. The thicker the coats the longer it will take. I use a big 3M restore kit that cost like 400 bucks but we use it alot at work. But you could check around at your local auto parts stores or check some auto body paint shops and see if they will buff, polish and re-seal(clear coat) your lenses for a fee.

#5 ·
ok sounds good I'll do that. thanks so much! Also, how did you post a picture of your truck with all the stats like that? I just got started and don't really know my way around this site yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.