Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The built in factory alarm on my 2019 Tundra SR5 has gone off by itself a couple times in the last few weeks, anyone have this happen?

So far I cannot find a reason for it happening. All the doors were closed tight and locked and the interior lights were off. I am wondering if it might be the hood latch switch. Maybe the dealer can look at the logs and see what cause it or I might ask them to just disable it completely. I am wondering if a signal from another vehicle fob or a rogue radio signal could set off the panic alarm? I work at a Public safety building and park not too far from an 80 ft radio tower that has multiple antennas and dishes on it. Someone on another group mentioned it might be the battery getting weak. I live in AZ so the hot weather here eats batteries and they tend to only last a couple years.

BTW I am a recovering Ford addict and this is my first Toyota.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think these things have sensors to keep you from locking a baby in the truck, My fj used to go off if my dog was inside a locked truck. I have not had it happen on my tundra but I bet it has the same "feature"

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
941 Posts
Probl a door switch a bit iffy .

Truck thinks someone opened a door while alarm is set.

At least its not a Dodge ,, once in a great while i would close the driver door . And my windshield wipers would do one revolution all by themselves . Truth.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I unintentionally activated the panic switch on my key fob, and to my surprise my car's horn was activated, and another vehicle parked within range of a different make, was activated also. When i disarmed it, they both shut off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts