Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '12 with the backup camera and the display in the mirror. Weekend boats that I've been pulling are small and low and not visible thru any mirrors.

I am looking to wire the backup camera to a switch so that while driving i can flip it and just check on what's behind me. (The whole throw it into reverse thing still wigs me out and I don't have the stones to do it.). OTRATTW makes some pretty cool siwtches that I think will fit too.

So is there a write up on this anywhere? I feel like I've seen it before but can find it searching. I am also mehhh when it comes to electrical. I've done simple lights and amps/subs before but never tapped into factory wiring. Is it difficult to do without ruining what currently works?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
i just tried the reverse thing the other day, it does work

Reactions: RedSurfSnow

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Ive watched the YouTube on it. Cool feature but with my luck is be slowing down and it would try getting into that gear or something. Is rather have the switch ... Plus they make some pretty sweet ones.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah Ive watched the YouTube on it. Cool feature but with my luck is be slowing down and it would try getting into that gear or something. Is rather have the switch ...
Ditto!

·
Registered
232 Posts
so you can throw your truck in reverse while moving forward and it wont completely jack it up? makes sense but i would never have the balls

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts