Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry it has taken me so long to get these pics on here. Install went very smooth with no holdups. i got a little to impatient and excited, so i didnt get as many pictures as i would have liked for ya'll.
Anyways here you go

we started with assembling the winch and bumper. the bumper pretty much consists of installing the lights and then installing the winch once it is assembled. While the foglights were right infront of me i switched to Sylvania Silverstar Ultras to go with the headlights

next was removing front bumper fascia and we went ahead and removed the grill just to keep it from getting scratched

at this point i went ahead and wired up for the blinker and i put a relay inline just to be on the safe side since our factory fog lights are 19w and the Hellas that come with bumper are 55w. Thankfully my buddy had a motorcyle lift which made installing the bumper much much easier this thing is a beast we used a couple wood wedges to change the angle of the bumper

with an impact with long extension and knuckly it made tighting down everything much nicer and there you go we have a fab four

we left a gap a little over a 1/4" and thankfully so

it seemed like a little much at first but after we jacked up one side of the truck to install the sliders we noticed that with the flex in the frame and body the gap increased on the upside and was about to touch on the opposite side. (scared the shit out of me at first) but when we lowered the truck back down it of course went right back to where it should. here is the flex/gap. plus on later pictures you can see i am on about an 1/8' from the bottom of the grill and fab four said i have it right where it should be.

Next i drilled a 7/8' hole on each side to replace the parking sensors in. you cant use the OEM clips since the FF metal is much thicker so i used a couple drops of JB weld to hold but still be able to remove if need be. here is the location i chose which seemed to be just about perfect to match the factory angle

We anchored my truck and damn near dragged my buddys F350 stroker with no movement in the bumper and got a good stretch on the cable. This winch is a beast. It will get fully tested this next duck season for sure.

There have been a couple installs on here regarding the WhiteKnuckles and they are very straight forward. Just make sure you have some sharp 1/2' bits and i would step up at least 2-3 bits prior to the 1/2" bit.

Here are some pics i took this weekend after a good wash and wax.

I know it needs a level or some suspension up front but i cant lift to high or i wont be able to transfer in. trying to do some research until then supprising thought the front only dropped 1/2' with all the weight and i have put 500 miles on since then and it hasnt moved any more.

I really like how FabFour matched the lines on the side of our trucks to there bumpers. It really flows i think.

Again these are the White Knuckle sliders in the .188 DOM with Diamond Top Plate. John at WK is a great guy to talk to and does one hell of a job. these things are rock solid to say the least

Here are a couple with the LED RL and the fogs on. deffinately has that mean look. i have went back and forth on removing the chrome but think it would make the bumper and everything else just fade together

Well i hope ya'll enjoy. sorry for the novel. lastly maybe one of genius can explain this. for the first 5000 miles the best MPG i have got is around 13.9-14.2. when i would fill up it would reset and say 296 miles to empty everytime. On my trip up to my buddys that is what i got. After we installed everything plus i put a larger AZ platinum 850 CCA battery. same technology as optima but half the price. on the way home i reset everything and immediatly it said 450 miles to empty and the 310 miles back home i got 15.3

doesnt make since to me adding 500lbs and get better mileage. Anywho there you go. If you have any guestions let me know

·
Registered
278 Posts
That looks freaking sweet! Definitely needs a good level to bring that front end up a bit, but you know that. I love the bumper and side steps, really makes the truck look beefy. I'm wondering if the mpg is because the new front bumper is more aero-dynamic? Probably not, but it was the only thing my brain could come up with. Definitely strange, but in a good way.

I just thought of one last thing for the mpg, you said you added a new battery, which means your battery was disconnected for some time. This probably reset the ECU and now it's reading your mpg differently. It may end up going back to what you were getting before, but I'm not sure. Sorry that's all I got. Good work!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Planning on putting a lift or level on soon? The bumper really looks like it weighed down the front

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The battery was my only thought. I hope it doesnt go back. But oh well love this damn truck. If anybody has any heavier front spring options that would take me back to at least factory level. I dont rhink i could go over 1.5" upfront. OME said no go and i not like what i have read about bilsteins. Havent called kings yet. Was gonna call dirtydeeds shows he does kings

That looks freaking sweet! Definitely needs a good level to bring that front end up a bit, but you know that. I love the bumper and side steps, really makes the truck look beefy. I'm wondering if the mpg is because the new front bumper is more aero-dynamic? Probably not, but it was the only thing my brain could come up with. Definitely strange, but in a good way.

I just thought of one last thing for the mpg, you said you added a new battery, which means your battery was disconnected for some time. This probably reset the ECU and now it's reading your mpg differently. It may end up going back to what you were getting before, but I'm not sure. Sorry that's all I got. Good work!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ya, any of the adjustable coil overs will allow you to get 1.5"... Kings, Foxes, Icons, Fatbobs, etc. If you can spend the dough, definitely King, Fox or Icon's for sure. All of those are adjustable so you can fine tune it to where you want it.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Just an opinion but that grille really needs to be black with that bumper on there and black wheels.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have contemplated the new trdpro bumper. None of the other after markets have just really jumped at me. Plus think that it would all blend together. That and the wallet and wife are mad enough. Shocks and i am prob done for a bit

Just an opinion but that grille really needs to be black with that number on there and black wheels.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure is nicer on my shoulders getting out of my chair and up into
I actually like the "low" stance it has...like a linebacker with that bumper that looks like the front of a football helmet.

Very cool stuff.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The WKO sliders are still one of my top 2 or 3 favorite upgrades. With all the work you have done to your truck, definitely go with the King coilovers.

-- ale

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i will give kings and/or dirtydeeds a call

·
Registered
252 Posts
If yo don't mind me asking what do the sliders cost?

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I paid 1200 but you get the thinner walled cheaper and you dont have to do diamond plate top either would save you some too

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
So you left a gap for the flex off the truck?

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes. Its not a huge amount but on the up side the truck body comes away from the bumper and the down side is almost touching. Just didn't want it to damage front quarter in any way

·
Registered
145 Posts
I actually like the low stance and this is one after market front bar I would consider. I reckon it looks excellent (very Transformers like :)) And the running boards are excellent as well.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you. I get lots of compliments. Got my medical exemption and the front now has 40percent. Really changes it up!! Ordering kings this week just for weight support. Putting 28" rigid and im done. That or divorced. Lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts