Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
And as I approached 80mph the damn thing beeped at me and I looked down and the dash said "APPROACHING MAXIMUM SPEED" ????
That would be incredibly annoying...

That's the electronic governor at 85mph, and can be lowered even more for fleet orders and such, it's just programming. The other question is where have you seen a posted speed limit sign saying anything more than 80mph?
Just yesterday on I-5, I had it around 80 several times.

If speed is what makes your driving experience then yeah I guess that can be a factor for you. I think the F-150 is designed for guys like me, who live in areas with flat terrain and don't really care about getting 'there' fast, just getting 'there' eventually.

And it is. That's all I see out there, really.
I don't always want to go fast, but it nice to be able to when I feel like it....

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Not speaking from experience on ford or dodge, but can honestly say the chevy silverados ride smoother than our tundras, but lack the oompph of the engine and tranny. I'll take the better engine and tranny over a slightly less choppy ride anyday.

Owned a couple of Chevy's in my life and I agree 100% with the smoother ride and less power. Also less problems with my past 3 Tundras (knock on wood!!!)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I'm still ticked at how the news post comments randomly started talking about Tundras, like, irrelevancy much?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thew new ford engines are nice but I do not think I would trust a V6 towing even if it has a twin turbo however like someone said we will see how it goes. I know I probably said it before but I am very happy with the torque power of the 5.7L V8 in the Tundra and may I add it never slouches. I do not think I have met an engine like it that was not a diesel. The Tundra is by far the best towing truck I have every owned too. That being said I will keep my Tundra. :)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Well, it's usually hard for me to get excited about a gas engine, or a F-150, but this has my attention. I'm reading up on gasoline direct injection. Apparently it's just like the latest generation direct injection diesel engines, just, with a spark plug.

The other thing is that a F-150 is affordable. A F-Super Duty is not, yet, but I will continue to lust over one. Practically though, affordable awesomeness sounds good.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts