Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, me name is Steve but everybody calls me Fridge (short for Frigeratorman LOL)
Have a 2016 Tundra and LOVE it !!!!!!!!!
Needing to see about getting some things done to her so I can "drive it until the wheels fall off".
Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hello Fridge. I have a 14 Limited and also love it! Done a few things, nothing to fancy. Hot me up if you want ideas.

2014 Limited
20x9 Fuel Krank wheels
305/55r20 Falken Wildpeaks
Warn Super Bolt Flares
ToyTec coilovers 3" Front / Fox rear shocks
Total Chaos Fabrication upper control arms
JBL Entune with Maestro DSR1 Amp replacement module
4x100w Pioneer amp pushing El cheapo Renegade RX6.2c components
Hifonics 1000w amp pushing a Kicker 1000W 12" 2-Ohm Slim Shallow Subwoofer with Passive radiator

Sent from my S10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Fridge. I have a 14 Limited and also love it! Done a few things, nothing to fancy. Hot me up if you want ideas.

2014 Limited
20x9 Fuel Krank wheels
Warn Super Bolt Flares
Hifonics 1000w amp pushing a Kicker 1000W 12" 2-Ohm Slim Shallow Subwoofer with Passive radiator

Hi Haggen412,
Thanks, nice Tundra ya got there, mine is just plain stock with quality seat covers and weathertech floor protectors.
I do a good bit of hauling a trailer with a motorcycle and a trailer with a boat and I am now starting to hear "quiet" squealing on the brakes occasionally and starting to see some tiny minor grooving of the rotors,,,,,,, not bad, just preparing to get ready to maybe, possibly, <gulp> change out all the rotors and pads.
From past experience with my Harley's, I know that rotor material should be met with proper type pad materials to avoid noise and other problems.
I'm wanting to go with strictly OEM rotors and pads, but not sure of the part numbers to search for.
Looking at online sales it gets kinda confusing with the diff numbers.

Any insight you or any other members could give me would help me out with getting the ball rolling on this project.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi Haggen412,
Thanks, nice Tundra ya got there, mine is just plain stock with quality seat covers and weathertech floor protectors.
I do a good bit of hauling a trailer with a motorcycle and a trailer with a boat and I am now starting to hear "quiet" squealing on the brakes occasionally and starting to see some tiny minor grooving of the rotors,,,,,,, not bad, just preparing to get ready to maybe, possibly, change out all the rotors and pads.
From past experience with my Harley's, I know that rotor material should be met with proper type pad materials to avoid noise and other problems.
I'm wanting to go with strictly OEM rotors and pads, but not sure of the part numbers to search for.
Looking at online sales it gets kinda confusing with the diff numbers.

Any insight you or any other members could give me would help me out with getting the ball rolling on this project.
I have had 2 Tundras and have yet to do anything with the rotors! Wow right? And that is with towing multiple camping trailers all the way up to a 40 footer. Just lucky I guess. Not I just jinxed myself!

2014 Limited
20x9 Fuel Krank wheels
Warn Super Bolt Flares

·
Registered
425 Posts
Welcome to the site, enjoy the ride. Some of the online Toyota dealers will have the best prices on the stock parts and you keep the Toyota Quality. And yes when you need brakes it's the rotors and pads but Toyota has kept the rotors relatively cheep but shop for best delivered price. Fairly easy job to do just takes a a little time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the site, enjoy the ride. Some of the online Toyota dealers will have the best prices on the stock parts and you keep the Toyota Quality. And yes when you need brakes it's the rotors and pads but Toyota has kept the rotors relatively cheep but shop for best delivered price. Fairly easy job to do just takes a a little time.
Thanks 310z,
I'm starting to shop for the parts now and you are correct, the online Toyota Dealers stuff (OEM) is fair priced quality stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts