Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm ready to pull the trigger on a leveling kit. I look at all the popular ones and some of the kits from Ebay. I come across the Pro Comp 3/1 from a company called EZ Lift suspensions on Ebay. I asked the guy a couple questions to make sure I know what does or does not come with the kit since he didn't list the skid plate spacers and told me I don't need them (funny how all the other kits say other wise). I was just looking for his opinion. Next thing I know He tells me not to email him any more and he tells me he was going to block my purchase because he could tell I was going to be a pain in the ass to deal with.:confused: WTF This all happened in just a couple of small emails. If this is what happens before the sale I can only imagine what happens after the sale.

Must be nice to pick and chose your sales especially in this economy.

The good news is there are SO many other people offering these leveling kits that it just help narrow down the choices of what to buy.

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
cant you still leave negative feedback? i would

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You can try contacting ebay on this matter. I buy a quite a bit of things from ebay and all my inquiries go thru ebay email system. That way if anything is not what was described, then I can just go to ebay and file a complaint. Ebay can go thru all the emails between the seller and me and make their decisions from there.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Hi fellas, I'm Dan's wife and a full time eBay seller and have been for 5 years now. He asked me to chime in here so here goes. Gixxer, shop elsewhere. That seller obviously has been burned by bad buyers before and took it out on you and probably others.

JC, you can't just email the jackass because eBay now keeps buyer and seller ID's hidden until after a sale is made. We were getting swamped by all the scammers, Chinese crooks and Russian thugs trying to scew people over. You can find his ID and send him a message but why bother? Is it really worth the effort to get in the gutter with him and sling crap? YEP, it feels good but surely the big boy in the driveway needs washing, accessorizing for just gazing upon in admiration. That's what Dan does with his truck :)

By all means post the page but keep in mind it will go away in 30 days or less depending on the time frame he specified for the listing.

NO, you can only neg a seller who has given you crappy service but I suggest you be honest about your buying experience and not spiteful because it feels good. Often times you can contact the seller PRIOR to negging them to work out a satisfactory solution to your problem but if the seller has that bad an attitude why would you buy from him/her anyway?

Now for a Top Rated Powerseller's point of view. eBay puts us under scrutiny you can't imagine and most of us continue to be able to offer top notch service in spite of the constantly moving flaming hoops eBay puts before us. Sadly it is no longer a "community" so when the new CEO took over a few years ago he brought with him and instilled an atmosphere where buyer and sellers are put in an adversarial relationship. You wouldn't believe the questions we get asked, ways we get scammed, lose our money, products and time from horrible buyers. Not a whine here guys just life in the ecommerce trenches. Sellers have little if any recourse so when we think we have a PITA buyer asking questions we sometimes get defensive. That's not right but once you've lost thousands of dollars knowing you are getting screwed by a buyer eBay and Paypal it can jade you quickly.

Bottom line, if the seller's feedback received looks bad, DSR stars look low and he/she gives you some lip protest with you dollars by taking them to those of us who want your business.

Oh the stories I could tell...poor Dan has had to listen to them for years...and he still loves me...and he drive a Tundra...WOW WHAT A GUY.

If any of you ever has an eBay or Paypal related question come on here, contact my sweet hubby and ask him to get me. I'll help as best I can. Karen :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
^^^Man, those cartoons are right, thats alot of words!

·
Registered
15 Posts
wow, i just double checked on my ebay account and i bought this exact kit from the same seller about 2 months ago. however, the complete opposite experience! i talked to the owner a couple times on the phone and he was extremely helpful. the pro-comp kit was great quality, cheap and easy. i remember thinking, this was one of the best ebay deals i've done in a long while. i was actually gonna do a nice little write-up about this guy on here (but never did on account of me being to lazy). swear about this and i have no affiliation with him or that company!

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
I ordered my 3-1 Pro-Comp Lift Kit from Ebay (Ezlift Susp) and had no problems whatsoever. The install directions were a bit sketchy but after calling them they emailed me the instructions that were much easier to read/ see.

The kit is top notch and has not failed me. Took a bit longer for the install than it said but I had several nuts/ bolts that had to be heated and soaked with PB Blaster ect. in order to break them free.

I wouldnt see why they would treat you the way you explained unless you had an attitude. Sometimes the way people interpret each other can make problems.

If what you say is correct you should ask to speak with the sales manager/ internet sales manager, I am sure they appreciate all the business they can get.

BTW- my kit has the rear add-a-leaf and not the blocks, but that has nothing to do with customer service.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
agreed, put scam artist on a island and nuke them
Not quite sure what you are agreeing with.

I have had my kit for several years without failure.

Why post if you are not going to elaborate?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have had this kit on my truck for 84,300 miles and have had 0 problems with it anything related to the lift and front easily aligned to factory specs (according to buddy of mine at Toyota garage this is hard to accomplish with many modded trucks that come in) and with the front end aligned properly tire wear is optimal for a lifted truck/ oversize tire

I upgraded from stock tires at 4k miles to BFG AT/KO 275/70r18

BFG's had 3/32 tread left when replaced mid-winter 2011 with 41k miles

Replaced with Nitto Trail Grappler 295/70r18 and removed with 33k miles and 7/32 and 8/32 tread depth remaining (removed for winter). I believe I can get another 15-20k out of them.

Replaced again with Nitto Trail Grappler 295/70r18 that now have almost 7k on them and look almost new. Preparing to switch to old tires for summer.

This almost turned into a tire review, but I think proper tire wear and no steering rack problems, ball joints, or wheel bearings testify to the quality of the lift. The miles I drive are 75% highway, 15% two-lane and 10% off-road. I don't abuse my truck, but I work in the field a couple days/week and take it anywhere I feel the need or urge to go. Outside of someone completely abusing a truck I think that my driving habits test the true quality of the lift and truck in general.

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
I am gonna revive this thread cuz I needed to find my original receipt for my recon inspection. I ordered my level kit from these guys and he mailed without the ubolts. I called him and he said he caught his error and sent the day after. Sure enough, the ubolts came in a day later. He even honored lower buy now price even after I bought it at higher buy now price a couple days prior. Anyone know the real companyy name or if they have a website? Need to get ahold of them.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
I am gonna revive this thread cuz I needed to find my original receipt for my recon inspection. I ordered my level kit from these guys and he mailed without the ubolts. I called him and he said he caught his error and sent the day after. Sure enough, the ubolts came in a day later. He even honored lower buy now price even after I bought it at higher buy now price a couple days prior. Anyone know the real companyy name or if they have a website? Need to get ahold of them.
(714) 251-7632

7:30am-9:00pm daily. If I recall they are in California. Their ebay name is
EZ-liftsuspension. I also spoke with them on the phone and as I posted on page 1 had no problems with them. Great customer support.

You can also contact them through ebay mail, but since I provided you a phone number should be real easy to contact.

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Thanks. I been doing research all moring and found my original ebay winning bid notification. Was also able to find his company. He has been in operation since 1996. Registered under EZ Lift Suspension Systems, Inc. - Hank Clemmons. Says he does about $160k in sales. He is a ebay power seller. Didn't realize so many on here bought his lift. $190 and no problems for nearly 4 years.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts