Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been posted before or not but I was out a few weeks ago and got a wild hair up my a$$ to buy a tonneau cover for my 2017 Crewcab, I saw an Extang Encore and liked it so I bought one. The sales rep said that Extang makes a kit that lowers the deck rails so they can be reinstalled. When they installed the cover the deck rails were sitting in the bed of the truck, I asked then about it and they said they had to call Extang because the kit didn't have anything to address the rails. I ended calling Extang myself and they said they have a solution for the Tacoma but not the Tundra. I started looking for a solution on my own but couldn't come up with anything I could order, I was getting ready to fabricate my own bracket when I noticed the Toyota OEM cover looks exactly the same. I searched this site and found several threads saying the same. The OEM cover will accommodate the deck rails so, I went down the the dealer and the parts guy brought up the install guide for the OEM cover, it had part numbers for the clamp brackets so I took a chance and ordered them. Not cheap, 69.50 but I wanted the deck rails back on the truck. Two days later he called and said they were in, ran down and picked them up at lunch and installed them when I got home. Now each side is clamped on in five spots instead of the three with the Extang clamps. I was able to install the new brackets before I removed the existing clamp brackets so no issues with alignment or refitting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello.

I just got the Extang Encore for my '16 SR with 8' bed.

Does anyone know the part numbers for the hardware bags, as mentioned above? I need the clamps and bolts to retain my deck rail system.

I've attached the OEM installation instructions for reference.

Thank you for your time!!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts