Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have pictures of the solid fold or trifecta fold installed and how it attaches using the rail? Thank you in advanced. I can't find any detailed instructions or video on the install and how it connects with rails.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
i just installed mine today. it's incredibly easy - there are two screw-down clamps at the front and two spring-loaded ones at the back. they have little clips that fit just inside the cargo rail system. I have pics of the cover installed, but not of the clamps. it'll be very self-evident once you get the thing to your house, though.
here's the solid fold 2.0 on my '15 CM:

FYI - extang included some extraneous hardware in my box. none of that was needed. the 4 built-in clamps just pop down from their little cubbies on the underside of the cover and latch into the top part of the rail. the only caveat is that on my truck I had to remove the little plastic end caps on the rails to accommodate the rear clamps. I think I could have bumped the cover forward 1/4" to avoid that but it looked right to me in that position so off came the plastic caps.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My 2014 SR5 D/C has the same mounting system. I checked the front screw-tension grips on the rails for the first 6 months....probably tweaked them down one rotation. 18 months later....no problems. There's a bit of a billow when using the system folded back and secured by the two plastic clips, but. . .

·
Registered
539 Posts
i just installed mine today. it's incredibly easy - there are two screw-down clamps at the front and two spring-loaded ones at the back. they have little clips that fit just inside the cargo rail system. I have pics of the cover installed, but not of the clamps. it'll be very self-evident once you get the thing to your house, though.
here's the solid fold 2.0 on my '15 CM:

FYI - extang included some extraneous hardware in my box. none of that was needed. the 4 built-in clamps just pop down from their little cubbies on the underside of the cover and latch into the top part of the rail. the only caveat is that on my truck I had to remove the little plastic end caps on the rails to accommodate the rear clamps. I think I could have bumped the cover forward 1/4" to avoid that but it looked right to me in that position so off came the plastic caps.

that extra hardware is to attach it to the rail. without the rail those hok latch on to under the bed rail. the hardware has lil t bolt things with other brackets on them that slide in the rail and then the cover attaches to that.

but with these covers, as long as they are on, they are on.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
that extra hardware is to attach it to the rail. without the rail those hok latch on to under the bed rail. the hardware has lil t bolt things with other brackets on them that slide in the rail and then the cover attaches to that.

but with these covers, as long as they are on, they are on.
actually, at least with mine (the model specifically for trucks with rails) that hardware is indeed extraneous. There is no need to install anything else - the latches that come on the cover fit directly into the rails. Mine has been in service for a few months now without any issues. and without that additional hardware ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts