Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Read Only
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was outside with a buddy looking at my truck and he says it's a great looking truck minus the factory exhaust pipe hanging down.....

Anyways that got me to thinking he is right. Is there a nice muffler out there that's not annoying loud? I tow alot so I don't want to have something with drone and annoys me constantly while towing.

Next question duals out the back under the bumper or duals turned out behind the rear wheels? Will be going with Stainless tips unless I can find black ones.

I am also worried about losing low end power like some people have mentioned, but would think MPG might be better? I know the factory muffler is heavy so shedding alil weight and getting a slightly better flow might help with that.

I did think about just BBQ black paint on my factory pipe too.... so we'll see.

Any tip pics would be helpful as well.

· Premium Member
1,371 Posts

· Registered
621 Posts
BAMuffler is not to loud.i pull trailers all the time.you can surely hear it pulling a heavy ass bobcat up a hill but it sounds so good:) I love my BAMuffler and I have the louder system(6inch mufflers)

· Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Talk to Kieth (DirtyDeeds), he can make a perfect set for you that I'm sure will satisfy your needs. Anything from a loud dual racing exhaust, to a deep sounding exhaust that puts a smile on your face every time you floor it without any drone thanks to his helmholtz resonators. I'm sure he'll be all over this thread when he sees it.

· Registered
621 Posts
Talk to Kieth (DirtyDeeds), he can make a perfect set for you that I'm sure will satisfy your needs. Anything from a loud dual racing exhaust, to a deep sounding exhaust that puts a smile on your face every time you floor it without any drone thanks to his helmholtz resonators. I'm sure he'll be all over this thread when he sees it.
This is correct.he built my system as to what I wanted.i told him what I was looking for and he built it perfectly.i love the sound all the time especially when I get on it!i didn't ever put my helmholtz on.lol but Keith is a great guy.i talked to him for probably about an hour on exhaust and stuff.great guy.great product.at first I was hesitant of a system built from some small company like keiths but it I never read any bad reviews on Keith and his product.that was the deal breaker for me.he kept me up to date on the build and sent me pictures.i made a thread on the build

· "The Antagonizer"
12,030 Posts
BAMufflers, Corsa, Magnaflow, Bassani, Spintech, TRD. Those are the main ones that have an aggressive growl to them but aren't obnoxiously loud.

· Read Only
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got Borla local to me and they do installed duals with 4" tips for 895... wife said no way... she said 300 max lol (i think she's tired of modding my truck)... looking like just a weld in muffler replacement with tips.

· "The Antagonizer"
12,030 Posts
I'd just dump the stock pipe after the muff and call it good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
This is another good option :yesnod: Keep your stock muffler and just dump it. It won't change the sound very much at all but it will look a lot cleaner without a skinny tailpipe sticking out of the side. Or you could keep the stock muffler and run a Y-Pipe directly off of the outlet and run duals out the side before the rear tire with some nice tips.

· Read Only
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is another good option :yesnod: Keep your stock muffler and just dump it. It won't change the sound very much at all but it will look a lot cleaner without a skinny tailpipe sticking out of the side. Or you could keep the stock muffler and run a Y-Pipe directly off of the outlet and run duals out the side before the rear tire with some nice tips.
that is a good option i'm thinking

· "The Antagonizer"
12,030 Posts
that is a good option i'm thinking
That will be your cheapest option and it will still look good. Or you could just do a dual inlet single outlet Magnaflow 18" or 22" muffler and do the Y-Pipe on the outlet and run duals with tips before the rear tire. That's the second cheapest option for you. With the Maggy muffler it will have a nice deep tone but it won't be too loud for your taste.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

· "The Antagonizer"
12,030 Posts
Reactions: Mr. Creosote

· "The Antagonizer"
12,030 Posts
Never experienced drone with mine and I don't have any cats on my T.. I did my tail pipes over the back axle at a 45 degree angle and slant bent them before the rear bumper so they're mainly hidden unless you're far enough behind me. I had the tailpipes painted gloss black as well.

· "The Antagonizer"
12,030 Posts
Here's pics of my tailpipes

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.