Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm finally decided to put a exhaust on my 05 DC! I'm going to be keeping it all stock accept for the muffler. What would everyone recommend for the muffler? I don't want anything that will wake the neiborhood up but want something that sound goods.. I know it a personal opinion when it come to exhaust but what's everyone's thoughts on this? Just curious what everyone else uses!!! Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Contact Keith at BAMuffler - he has a first gen and can build you something you will love.
760-877-4234

·
Registered
361 Posts
+1 on Keith at BAMuffler.

Reactions: dirtydeeds

·
Registered
761 Posts
+3...hes the frickin man...:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I spoke with him earlier today, wish I could afford his kit! I just don't have the funds for that right now, but I'm sure it's well worth the $. What else would y'all recommend? I'm just looking to remove the stocker and replace with something else. Also wanting to just go single in single out, what size inlets and outlet would I need to purchase?

·
Registered
36 Posts
look up cherry bomb. i bought my cm with them already installed and it sounds pretty good. dont know how much they cost though.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
A lot of people on here talk bad about them, but flowmaster has about the best sound out there in my opinion.

Of course, I do like LT headers and glass packs too :D

Reactions: Chas

·
Banned
4 Posts
Here's some other options to think about and to consider.

JBA Exhaust
Gibson Exhaust
Flowmaster Exhaust
Magnaflow Exhaust

All these companies have a lifetime warranty, Nice Mandrel bent piping, Easy to bolt on, been around for along time, and sound great!!! I guess it boils down to: How you want it to sound or how much $$$ it will cost per HP.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I had flows on my F150 I had while back and I liked it! I think that's what I'm leaning towards. What series sounds the best on the 4.7's? Also if someone could let me know the inlet size and outlet size! Thanks for the input fellas.. I just don't want to buy the wrong size muffler!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
for a 1 gen Tundra you'll want 2.5" inlet/outlet.

I had Flowmasters on my 2003, that was the first muffler that I installed.

Long story short, I tried over 20 different set ups to find the sound that I was looking for. After all of that r&d I finally just made my own, and the rest is history:) Now BAmufflers is the choice for Tundra owners.

That said, I make a muffler specific to your year Tundra for $150, or if you want Flowmasters give me a call, I will beat any price on any Tundra part that you find here on TundraTalk, I have a wholesale account with every exhaust manufacturer.

·
Banned
314 Posts
Not really to sure what a powerstick is or would do for me!
Check out the big powerstick thread - http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...3754-official-powerstick-pic-vids-thread.html

There are a lot of good (and bad) choices out there! Exhaust sound / tone is so subjective, what one person likes you could hate. Maybe try to see if you can get with some Tundra owners in your area to listen to their exhausts in person, I find youtube does not do justice for exhaust clips.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Check out the big powerstick thread - http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...3754-official-powerstick-pic-vids-thread.html

There are a lot of good (and bad) choices out there! Exhaust sound / tone is so subjective, what one person likes you could hate. Maybe try to see if you can get with some Tundra owners in your area to listen to their exhausts in person, I find youtube does not do justice for exhaust clips.
So I'm finally decided to put a exhaust on my 05 DC! I'm going to be keeping it all stock accept for the muffler. What would everyone recommend for the muffler? I don't want anything that will wake the neiborhood up but want something that sound goods.. I know it a personal opinion when it come to exhaust but what's everyone's thoughts on this? Just curious what everyone else uses!!! Thanks in advance...
Thanks for the call this afternoon. I hope that air intake code gets resolved quickly. Let me know if I can help you out in any way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Our trucks go through puberty pretty quick with powersticks, it'll make it sound naughty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts