Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

I have a 2010 Tundra double cab with the 5.7 and 4x4. I bought it just over a year ago and it came with a Banks Monster exhaust on it. It sounds good, but I wish to return my exhaust to oem.

Part of the Banks install requires a 16.25" section of pipe be cut off of the driver's side exhaust pipe to allow for a Y pipe to be installed for the single in and single out Banks muffler. I attached the Banks diagram so you can see what I am talking about. Cutting this section of pipe off also cuts off the flange where the muffler bolted to the exhaust pipe on the driver's side. I circled the flange I am talking about in red in the Tundra exhaust image.

If I want to use a stock muffler, can an exhaust shop weld on a new flange and section of pipe so the muffler flange for the driver's side will have something to bolt to?

Or, am I better off finding a different single in and single out muffler to replace the Banks? I want the truck to be as quiet as possible with no drone if possible.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
....................If I want to use a stock muffler, can an exhaust shop weld on a new flange and section of pipe so the muffler flange for the driver's side will have something to bolt to?...................
It would be a simple project for a muffler shop to weld a flange/pipe back onto your exhaust. It would return your system back to stock and make things simpler down the road if you ever have to replace the system.

I have done this many a times in the past when I worked at our muffler shop........clean, simple, and easy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts