Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on local craigslist this morning. I wasn't aware that ARE made exhaust but this guy is selling his. Don't know if this is a good deal or not also can't find a link to any sound clips. I'm pretty sure I'd like the TRD exhaust but for $175 asking price I figure if I dont like it of if I buy the TRD I can always recoup my money. Let me know what you think.

Exhaust system Tundra 2010

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya my bad too quick with the key strokes. I see the videos on you tube but nothing to really show the true sound. I'll look some more.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
1. Add-on exhaust systems do nothing to improve performance and gas mileage.
They only do it above 3,000 RPM. Your truck normally runs at 2,000 RPM.

2. To improve power, etc., intake and exhaust, and fuel delivery must be done.

3. Manufacturers of all motor vehicles spend significant brainpower and money designing exhaust systems to give the best overall performance and to last, at the very least to include the mandated life of the smog equipment it is a part of.

4. If you want loud, get a Flowmaster or Power Sticks.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
That thing looks more like a pile of rusty chit than an exhaust, I would say look elsewhere.

·
I Kick Hippies
1,274 Posts
1. Add-on exhaust systems do nothing to improve performance and gas mileage.
They only do it above 3,000 RPM. Your truck normally runs at 2,000 RPM.

2. To improve power, etc., intake and exhaust, and fuel delivery must be done.

3. Manufacturers of all motor vehicles spend significant brainpower and money designing exhaust systems to give the best overall performance and to last, at the very least to include the mandated life of the smog equipment it is a part of.

4. If you want loud, get a Flowmaster or Power Sticks.
I have to disagree with #2. JBA long-tube headers with a BAmuffler 3" system yields 49hp and over 80lb ft of additional torque... without intake or fuel delivery modifications.

Nait002, I will have a complete TRD cat-back system for sale soon. If you're interested and not in a hurry (like 3 weeks or so) send me a PM and we'll put something together. Exhaust has 8k miles.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I have to disagree with #2. JBA long-tube headers with a BAmuffler 3" system yields 49hp and over 80lb ft of additional torque... without intake or fuel delivery modifications.

Nait002, I will have a complete TRD cat-back system for sale soon. If you're interested and not in a hurry (like 3 weeks or so) send me a PM and we'll put something together. Exhaust has 8k miles.
Ill give ya $100 shipped to me.... send me your paypal

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
I Kick Hippies
1,274 Posts
Reactions: codyh12345

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
this^^^!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The skeptic in me is going to have to call BS on this unless you can produce dyno results.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
The skeptic in me is going to have to call BS on this unless you can produce dyno results.
Haha, I was gonna post em here too before I left for the office but got side tracked:)

49hp and 89tq. I have video too:) the numbers are accurate. I knew my butt dyno was right. Haha

·
Read Only
0 Posts

I'd like to see what that HP/TQ gain is after a 1000 miles of driving when the Toyota computer compensates for all it can ;) I would say it's not 49/80 anymore.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I'd like to see what that HP/TQ gain is after a 1000 miles of driving when the Toyota computer compensates for all it can ;) I would say it's not 49/80 anymore.
It's actually 49/89. ;) and if it drops a couple hp I won't complain;)

That said, not trying to argue or split hairs but the ecu has already compensated. The way that I can tell is the a/f ratio being 11.5/1

This ecu compensates very quickly. You can clearly see te a/f ratio at 14.7-15 when part throttle on the dyno, then when the operator starts to lay into it te a/f immediately drops to 12.5/1 and half second later it hits 11.5/1 and stays there til redline. This is exactly what it did when it was bone stock.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
It's actually 49/89. ;) and if it drops a couple hp I won't complain;)

That said, not trying to argue or split hairs but the ecu has already compensated. The way that I can tell is the a/f ratio being 11.5/1

This ecu compensates very quickly. You can clearly see te a/f ratio at 14.7-15 when part throttle on the dyno, then when the operator starts to lay into it te a/f immediately drops to 12.5/1 and half second later it hits 11.5/1 and stays there til redline. This is exactly what it did when it was bone stock.
Not doubting you man :) That's good info that it's compensated mostly already. I need to talk the wife into letting me do something to mine. She hates a loud truck though. We tow the camper alot, and my last truck drove us crazy.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I didn't think ya were doubting me:) I saw it as an opportunity to help guys 'feel out' these trucks. There is so much mis-information and opinion posted to forums I like to find the real answer and help guys with their builds. These tundras are pretty unique from all other vehicles and from what I've seen this adaptive ecu really sets them apart.

The beauty of BAmufflers is that I can build power and be crazy loud, or stock quiet, with all possibilities in between fully tested daily:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts