Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the optimum exhaust system is the one that ends with the least amount of back pressure, and the highest exhaust velocity (for scavenging purposes). With that being said, that means that the best exhaust system should be a true dual setup with the proper pipe diameter and an H pipe, right? I currently have a true dual setup with no H pipe and 3 inch piping. It's just too much area for the gases and I can tell the scavenging of the system has gone down and some of the low end torque has been mellowed out. Not only that, but I know you can end up with valve train issues from the varying pipe lengths from the left to the right side with no H pipe. My question is, since you don't really see the advantages of a true dual over a dual in/dual out until you get into higher horsepower engines, do you guys think it'd be a bad idea if I went to a dual in/dual out with an H pipe?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.