Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Banned
309 Posts
I'm pissed I called spoolin and he's 2 months behind .. and everyone has the damn shift kit
u don't have the knock off techstream? I use that to check codes and clear codes
Call him now, I think he's good to go, I just pushed mine a few weeks...waiting on the money from the bd tuner before I send him mine...I was next in line as of 2 days ago...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Holy thread revival i know!

Seeing this thread makes me want to trade in my 4.6......Is there anyway to block the air injection on the 4.6 to make this setup work? I reeealllyyyy would like to get some LT's for the lil 4.6 and coming across this thread does not help. Kieth is there a possibility that this setup could be made to fit the 4.6 or is it completely out of the question to ask that?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Getting the long tube & real tune bug. On page 8 of this thread, the OBX’s are kind close to the JBA’s. Were the OBX’s results w/2.5” exhaust and the JBA’s with 3”? Or were both with 3”?

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Getting the long tube & real tune bug. On page 8 of this thread, the OBX’s are kind close to the JBA’s. Were the OBX’s results w/2.5” exhaust and the JBA’s with 3”? Or were both with 3”?
Obx can only use 2.5” exhaust. They gained 41hp and 73tq to the rear wheels over stock.

The jba reduced et by .9 where the obx reduced it by .4

·
Registered
224 Posts
Obx can only use 2.5” exhaust. They gained 41hp and 73tq to the rear wheels over stock.

The jba reduced et by .9 where the obx reduced it by .4
Thank you again DD. Maybe OBX’s being locked into a 2.5 hurts?

I keep thinking about this. If an OBX tri-y had the flange modified at the 3rd Y-merge to go from a 2.5” to a 3” diameter, and a flange welded in that spot, could a 3” dual set up be put in place that might have power closer to the JBA’s? Then, all four converters (modified for 3” all the way) could also be placed in a close-to-stock position (for all us California guys). Can ya’ relate to my curiosity on this?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, did I miss it?!? Thirteen pages and I didn't see a video or read a description about 'no drone' on this 3" setup paired with a TRD supercharger. Any data on this setup?

181 - 193 of 193 Posts