Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
unfortunately I get Error 3 when trying to play a disc in my cd player, just happened over the weekend, I can't seem to find anything on it in regards to the Tundra, lots on other toyota's tho ( I can still eject and load my cd's)

I am going to assume my head unit is toast, I sorta would like to keep it stock, however I would like to upgrade to a 2010 unit with a USB port on it and the streaming BT capability. anyone try to do this swap? mine has the BT, JBL and sat, or should I just go right into the aftermarket? Been sifting thru some of the ebay units.....

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I had that a few times on my 09 taco. When youre flipping thru the selections (am / fm / aux / cd etc) try ejecting right when you get to cd. Sometimes you can get it to spit the disc out before it starts reading the code.
It's annoying as heck but it might not be the death of your hu. Like I said, it happened on my taco around 40k miles .... Sold it win more than double that and the same working hu. Just gotta play with it sometimes.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eject and load works just fine, it will just stop playing after 20-30 secs if it starts. threw out an "error 1" code this am for something different lol

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Reviving this. I successfully ejected all the previous owners CDs when I bought it, and never put another CD in. Now whenever I put it on CD, it gives me "Error 3" even though its empty. I guess I'll try What RedSurf mentioned, but there's nothing to eject.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts