Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my power ran down my drivers side and all my other stuff ran down the center console. Is that too close together? I would not have thought. The whine is not overwhelming but i definitely want to get rid of it.

needless to say i dont want to start over and rewire everything

thoughts?

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Go to the computer store and see if they sell those magnets that clip around power or a/v cords. Those are made ro clean signal before it goes into electronic equipment. I would try that first.

Ones I seen are always included on wires that come with my computer monitors.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
333 Posts
The engine wine is probably not due to cable path (I have 0 AWG power wire run within an inch of speaker cables at one spot in my truck). It is likely due to a ground problem somewhere in the system. I grounded my deck to a good ground under the dash. My amps all use 4 AWG ground cables that go into a single ground distribution block. From the distribution block I have 0 AWG ground cable that goes to a grounding spot on the frame that was taken down to bare metal with a properly soldered on end and once the cable was bolted in place and I assured a good ground, I painted over the whole area to inhibit rust. Check your grounds.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My ground could be iffy. I have my amp under the drivers seat and don't really want to drill a hole in my truck. I grounded to one of the 4 seat bolts. I scraped away the paint as best as I could

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One more thing: No noise at all when I just had my components running. Only whine is when I added the sub to the rear two channels of the 4 channel amp

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a similar problem on my last truck. Did all the standard troubleshooting, couldn't get rid of the whine. Isolated it to the amp, which was damn near brand new, so I scratched my head.. .replaced the amp, whine gone :banghead:
Hope that's not the case. My amp is brand new

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
My wires are still a clusterfawk and I have no whine/noises...

Literally it is like a birdsnest back there... Gotta finish it still. Then again, I used good rca's ...

Check ground first like stated above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts