Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read countless threads discussing a "normal" diesel sound for the 5.7 . But is a click hot or cold normal . You cab only hear on right side , does a manifold leak sound like a click click click...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
It's a cracked manifold if it's clicking on only one side and it's coming from under the hood.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Yes. I had the same issue and it gradually got louder over the period of about 8 months. Toyota kept claiming it was "normal". I took it to a local shop and in 5 minutes they found a crack in the driver side manifold. Replaced manifold, tick gone.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've read countless threads discussing a "normal" diesel sound for the 5.7 . But is a click hot or cold normal . You cab only hear on right side , does a manifold leak sound like a click click click...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Iv owned my 2007 Tundra DBL for 5yrs, it has 113,000k. I noticed the "tick". It happens with the close tolerances. It depends on alot of factors. So far, the truck has surpassed my expectations.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
My dog Rocky got a tick stuck on his tongue twice within a couple of weeks summer before last.

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
For just a quick check it shouldn't cost you anything at all really, I mean at the most maybe $20 and that'll be from one of those high price shops which are no better than small town shops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts