Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving on the highway 60/70mph temp gauge goes up to 3/4 mark also on hills. When driving around town small roads stays in the center mark. If I let of gas on highway it comes back to center not sure what’s causing this any ideas?

·
Registered
204 Posts
When driving on the highway 60/70mph temp gauge goes up to 3/4 mark also on hills. When driving around town small roads stays in the center mark. If I let of gas on highway it comes back to center not sure what’s causing this any ideas?
When was the last time you checked your coolant level or had your cooling system flushed and new fluid put in? I tow a 9400 lb trailer and my gauge never moves past 1/2 way.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Since we know nothing about your truck or coolant or radiator I vote for:

- change coolant
- replace thermostat. I recommend a Mama Toyota OEM cap

·
Registered
47 Posts
Something else to check is the exterior of the radiator. Make sure it is clean and not clogged with debris.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When was the last time you checked your coolant level or had your cooling system flushed and new fluid put in? I tow a 9400 lb trailer and my gauge never moves past 1/2 way.
Coolant flushed and new fluid in last October level is good as of this week. Work completed by the dealership. then in January the problem started

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Drive belt tensioner working properly and belt in good condition?

Fan fluid coupling operating properly?

·
Registered
527 Posts
@70mph, the fan is not making a difference with cooling. You could have no fan at all and would be fine as long as you never stopped. Like McGov stated, tstat.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts