Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a letter from Toyota today saying there is a possibility that the programming in the engine control module could be faulty and the air injection pump may fail. Has anyone had a problem with air injection pump failures?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
277 Posts
Got a letter from Toyota today saying there is a possibility that the programming in the engine control module could be faulty and the air injection pump may fail. Has anyone had a problem with air injection pump failures?
There seems to be a bunch of guys on here that have already gotten that recall notice and had the issue fixed. All of they guys that have talked about it had a 2012, so it might just be that year.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
They did mine when my dealer came and picked up the truck for the 15k service.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got the same letter. There's a good handful of people that have had AIP issues. I have a 2012 and had this problem a few weeks after buying the truck. Everything was fixed under warranty of course. Nice to see they're finally acknowledging the issue and repairing it for people, I know a bunch of owners had some issues trying to get this fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Mine was done today, can't say I noticed anything different. I needed an alignment so had it done at the same time. N/C! Aligned under warranty. How bout dem apples!!! Not too shabby! Happy Toyota owner. (spacer lift, bigger tires, not a care was given!)

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Mine was done today, can't say I noticed anything different. I needed an alignment so had it done at the same time. N/C! Aligned under warranty. How bout dem apples!!! Not too shabby! Happy Toyota owner. (spacer lift, bigger tires, not a care was given!)
See, my dealership says they can't even align with bigger tires. Lazy asses. When I had 295/70/18's with the larger UCAs even, they said oh nooooo we don't have the equipment for that. lol. Now I got 325/65/18's and they get scared even putting it on the lift for the service contract oil change, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts