Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've only had the Tundra for a month or so and love the piss out of it. I really only have one complaint and that is that it transfers EVERY harmonic, road vibration and gross noise through the floorboard and accelerator pedal. I'm talking cammed cars, Harley's thundering along, train horns or ANY other outside vibrational noise. Hell, even the low frequencies from the stereo are felt in the floorboard and pedal. Mind you, it's not horrible but enough to think that if I can solve this that it will be perfect.

Question: Does anyone else notice this and are there certain points of interest to focus on to eliminate this? Body mounts? Dynamat?

:)

Thanks,
CCW

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I can only guess that maybe your tires are playing a part in this?? I don't have this resonation and have basically the same truck. Leveled and larger wheels and tires.

I have read in many areas on this forum that the sound deadening is fantastic but I don't think too many are going to support the dynamat only because of price. Hopefully someone will chime in with a less expensive alternative.

If you go this route, I would start with the floorboard and rear cab wall. I think that would take care of your issue.

I have one stretch of road here in Vegas that makes any tiggle bitties bounce like nobodies business. (and my fat belly of course) hahaha

Edit: I also noticed a good decrease in noise with the spray in bedliner and tri fold cover.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It happened with the old Yokohama Geolanders and I installed 4 new Firestone Destination LE2's 2 weeks ago so I know it's not the tires. It's definitely body related because when a bike goes by, I can feel it with the resonation of their engine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I get mine on Friday and I'll chime in after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts