Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to reset the ECU, and no visual verification? I was under the impression that I would lose radio presets etc, and have lost nothing after two ECU reset attempts now.
The first was positive and negative off for 15 mins. The second time was negative off for an hour, still really did not lose anything. I must be missing something.

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
I have unhooked my battery on my 2010 several times, and also on my 2017, and the pre-sets will come back. That will not indicate if you reset anything/into re-learn mode.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The best way to tell is that if you disconnect the battery for some time (like 15 min or more), reconnect it, and start the truck, if the ECU reset, the engine will start and then stall once right away. Then when you start it the second time, it will run good. If that happens, you know you have reset the ECU.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trying to reset the ECU, and no visual verification? I was under the impression that I would lose radio presets etc, and have lost nothing after two ECU reset attempts now.
The first was positive and negative off for 15 mins. The second time was negative off for an hour, still really did not lose anything. I must be missing something.
To do a proper reset disconnect positive and negative cables then touch cables together for like 15 to 30 seconds while they are disconnected then reconnect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts