Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone given the OPT7 HID's a try? The seller is Burke Motor Pros on Ebay and they have good rating. They have slim and regular ballasts. I went ahead and ordered from the link below today, just wondered if anyone else had given them a try and could attest. I will, without a doubt, give an update when I get them in and installed.

OPT7 35W Xenon HID Kit H11 5000K White Beam Headlight Conversion Light | eBay

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed the OPT7 HID's this evening and what a PITA. I had to remove my whole headlights because the fit was too tight. I can't believe I didn't break a tab on the piece below the lights. After that install was a cinch. Here's a photo of what they look like. I think they look a little blue. They have no problem lighting right up, but they take a few seconds to warm up to full brightness. I think they look nice, but we'll see how long they last. The ballasts do have sand in them, GCOP...what a load that is. Anyway, let me know what you think of them.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
535 Posts
Those look like thet are leaning toward the 6000K range to me, and there's no way I think those should be branded as 4300/5000K.

Reactions: mchooch

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking for brightness HID for my truck, my last was from OPT7, with 3,000k.they are great. But now I want two brighter, 5,000k or 8,000k. I would still choose opt7, I dont want waste time.

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just glanced at opt7 on amazon, found led seems to be better than HID. Does you guys use led instead of hid? led looks more expensive than hid, does it worth?

Anyone used FluxBeam 3500? http://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Headligh...455612001&sr=8-3&keywords=led+headlight+bulbs, price $99.99, might i get a discount code from anywhere? also found a cheaper one can throw out amazing 12,000lm 6500K light with irresistible prices $78.55, 2 years warranty. anyone used? and any suggestion will be appreciated. Amazon.com: BROVIEW V8 9004 LED Headlight Bulbs w/ Clear Arc-Beam Kit 72W 12,000LM 6500K White Cree LED Headlamp for Replace HID & XENON Headlights 2 Yr Warranty - (2pcs/set): Automotive

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts