Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Ebay DRL led Panels

4K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  Pikespktundra 
#1 ·
#2 ·
i seen these last week and wondered the same thing look forward to seeing if anyone has these.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#5 ·
I have had them for seven months, i am very pleased with them. They are very bright and have the look of the factory sets.

#8 ·
How did you wire them? to the fog lights?

#7 ·
Just ordered them and it looks like you have to get them painted.

#9 ·
You do, I paid $75 to have mine done locally.

#10 ·
It's easy to paint yourself cost abt 20$ just wet sand them and them paint and do another wet sand and do a finishing coat or two. I've had mine for over a year Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Bumper Automotive lighting

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#11 ·
#12 ·
I spliced them into the daytime running lights. That way they stay on just like the xsp. However it did come with a harness to splice into high beams so they will dim when you switch high beams on. I didn't do this.

#13 ·
I spliced them into the daytime running lights. That way they stay on just like the xsp. However it did come with a harness to splice into high beams so they will dim when you switch high beams on. I didn't do this.

So I read the DIY thread by mblair77 on the OEM lights, but they don't have the white wire we have.
Red goes to ignition fuse in box
Black is ground
Blue goes to the green wire on the low beam
White wire goes to running light????

#14 ·
Save yourself a lot of time and just wire the red to your drl wire and black to ground and leave the other wires Alone. It isn't worth the time to wire to low beam. But if you do then I have no clue ha and if you splice them into drl then take the red wire and splice into the purple wire

#16 ·
So it sounds like your not using the control module then?

#15 ·
I have been looking at these also and have not purchased yet or read instructions but.... Would assume that the white wire would be wired to DRL for low on LED's and blue wired to headlights for high on LED's or other way around.
Let me know if anyone tries it or knows because I will be wiring mine up to have both low and high when I order them but will still be a month or so.

#17 ·
#18 ·
Correct not using the module. Wanted my to stay bright at all times

#19 · (Edited)
YOU HAVE TO USE THE MODULE OR IT WILL BURN OUT THE LED'S!!!!!!!! I have the instructions at home, for all wires, but I am at work

RED: SWITCHED 12V
BLACK: GROUND
WHITE: THIS CONNECTS TO THE +12V ON THE LOW BEAM.
This way when you flip your head lights on, or they turn on automatically it will dim the DRL. YOU DONT HAVE TO CONNECT THE BLUE OR WHITE!! Some states require that the drl is off or dimmed when low beam headlights are on.
BLUE: I can't remember off the top of my head.

I chose to only connect the red & black.

#20 ·
YOU HAVE TO USE THE MODULE OR IT WILL BURN OUT THE LED'S!!!!!!!! I have the instructions at home, for all wires, but I am at work

RED: SWITCHED 12V

BLACK: GROUND

WHITE: THIS CONNECTS TO THE +12V ON THE LOW BEAM.

This way when you flip your head lights on, or they turn on automatically it will dim the DRL. YOU DONT HAVE TO CONNECT THE BLUE OR WHITE!! Some states require that the drl is off or dimmed when low beam headlights are on.

BLUE: I can't remember off the top of my head.

I chose to only connect the red & black.

That's funny because I've had mine over a year with zero problems without using module ha

#21 ·
That's good to know. You're a lot braver than I am. There was a pretty stern warning that if you don't use the module the lifespan decreases significantly or will immediately burn out the LEDs. I guess the thing to do would be plug in the module and measure the output voltage. If it's around 12v you shouldn't have any issues plugging the LEDs in dorectly

#22 ·
May have used the module. Only thing I didn't use was the white and blue wire for dimming

#23 ·
Did you guy's run the red wire to the fuse box and tie into the ignition fuse?

#24 ·
I didn't lol I tied mine into the running lights. Was easier that way since I already had a wire to splice Into from having spyder halos. But you can do it that way for sure if you want.

#25 ·
Fit and finish is oem on these. I tied into the purple drl wire, but I'm going to switch it to a piggyback fuse to clean up the install. Heres a pic (in the back ground) I actually used white plasti dip. It matches surprisingly well. In fact, if I wouldn't have mentioned I used plasti dip no one would have probably noticed. Vehicle Product Child Car Toddler

#26 ·
Finally got my DRL's installed, I ended up wiring them like mblair's d.i.y. and didn't use the white wire, figured I'd leave them bright while the bright's were on. I like the way they turned out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.